Friday, April 3, 2015

This Week at Our House # 14



  1. Whenever I think about John and his week, I think about his job. I think I have become somewhat obcessed about making sure everything is going well and on time. But I know that John thinks of himself as so much more than just a job. He spends a lot of time writing, drawing, playing games with Johnny, building legos with the younger boys, holding the babies, and more...
  2. I love spring break!!! I have been loving going over the last week of Christ's life as a week long Easter celebration with my family too. Life is good. 
  3. Ruth got her Act score and she is happy and is not going to retake it. Ruth's enjoyed her spring break and time off. She went roller skating with her friends and had a lot of fun. And she has slept in past 10 and stayed up past midnight every day of spring break.
  4. Kate has read a couple of books and has even passed one along to me, which I read very quickly, myself. We love Agatha Christie.
  5. Johnny has been sleeping a lot during spring break. He had a lot of fun jumping some bouncy houses that I took the younger kids to on Tuesday. In fact, I would say that Johnny, Adam, and Rachel had the most fun. And I was thinking the littlest ones would like it the most.
  6. Adam has enjoyed his time off. I have been pretty free about computer time and he has spent a lot of time on the wii honing his gaming skills. But since he doesn't sleep in much, we have been a little stricter about him getting to bed before midnight.
  7. Rachel is my first child to count the hours (rather than days) down to her birthday, which happens to be today.
  8. Anya and Joseph are very close. They hang out together and play together all day long. I love that my kids are friends.
  9. Joseph has done a much better job of staying out of things that do not belong to him. I had a long talk with him on Sunday about the consequences of lying, and stealing, as well as the consequences on breaking and destroying things. I think he has begun to internalize it some. I am still asking him to tell me the consequences when I sit down with him. And every day I have been giving him a scenario and asking him what he thinks would be the best action.
  10. Joshua is an emotional little 4 year old. He is also very cuddly and seems to really need lots of physical attention.
  11. Arwen, my little sweetie, can do so much for herself, like brush her teeth, change her clothes, and wash her hands, but she does not want to potty train. 
  12. Suzy went through a little growth spurt. She ate and ate for a whole week and gained a pound and I am sure at least another inch. She was smaller than her cousin two weeks ago and now she is considerably bigger.
This Week's Pictures























1 comment:

LeAnn said...

As always the pictures are priceless. I love seeing your children and watch how they are growing and changing.
I am so happy that your writing seems to flow with less stress and more joy. Of course, I know a great load was taken off the family when your dear husband got his job.
I love how your children are progressing a long well.
Hugs for all!