So there is this "5 reasons why marriage can't work" (like ever) article going around social media. It's been alarming that so many people are in agreement with the ideas that marriage can never work. But I think in part, that I know the main answer to the problem and the issue. The generation younger than mine and many in our generation weren't/aren't taught to prepare for marriage.
Many people in America today spend their teen and young adult years degrading the opposite sex, having sexual relationships with multiple partners, and watching pornography and other pornographic media. I think it's pretty obvious that one cannot indulge in those things without forming bad habits and addictions. A wedding ring doesn't magically remove previously developed sexual desires, anger and bad habits. If we want the next generation to have good marriages we must teach them how to become the husbands and wives they ought to be long before the engagement.
1 comment:
Aw w, this was a good one. It all rings true. All you said is what we need and a little less media would help; since I think the younger generation doesn't know how to communicate as well either.
Sending hugs your way and blessing for your good works in these areas.
Post a Comment