Monday, January 12, 2015

This Week at Our House # 2



  1. I was really thinking John would get some work this week. But he didn't. I feel pretty disappointed and discouraged about it. 
  2. I started work on Monday. I spent the whole week in training and tomorrow I will start working on my own. I will be cleaning classrooms and hallways and such in the BYU SLC center. I work from 9pm until 1am, so I am still home with the kids during the day, but I have to stay on a fairly strict  schedule to be ready to leave around 8:30.
  3. Ruth now has a daily babysitting job and a weekly house keeping job. She is really busy between school, homework, and work.
  4. Kate has had to pick up the slack with Ruth and I gone as much as we are.She has lots of homework and several tests coming up to.
  5. Johnny never has homework. I have no idea how he gets through school as well as he does while doing so much less than his sisters.
  6. Adam eased into school without any trouble. He got up and ready in the mornings and did not complain too much about homework.
  7. Rachel had to write a book report the same night that she had musical practice. I thought she would be up past 11pm like Adam usually is, but she got to work as soon as she got home and finished before I had to leave for work.
  8. Anya had her birthday!!! She is now 7! She is a bright fun little girl. She does not like things all pink or to be a princess. She likes to read, run, and play ball. She is a really good artist with a keen sense of design and balance. She is smart and fun to be around. We are grateful to have darling little Anya brighten our home.
  9. Joseph did well with getting back on schedule. He does his homework and his reading without much help and little prompting.
  10. Josh is driving me crazy. He won't stay out of his brother's room and he is constantly sneaking and making big messes. He will be 4 in another week. I am hoping he will be a little happier and a little less destructive in the year to come.
  11. Arwen got a lot of art things for Christmas and spent the week coloring and reading books.
  12. Susan gets around everywhere. She can stand herself up and will sometimes try to crawl up the first step. We have to keep a closer eye on her. I usually wait to give my babies solid food until they are around 9 to 10 months, but Susan just wants to eat. She crawls around and she finds food that the other kids have left on the floor. So I have given up and given her food. She can even eat finger foods and picks them up between her forefinger and her thumb.
This Week's Pictures







2 comments:

LeAnn said...

The pictures are so sweet of your children.
I am so sorry that John still hasn't gotten a job yet. I am sure that blessing is coming soon. I am still praying for you all.
Your children all seem to be doing well. I hope your job goes well for you. Most of all I hope you can get enough rest.
Have a sweet week and the blessings of a job will come.

rozanny said...

Love these updates! I'm glad that Anya had a blast and that everyone's easing back into schedules well. I hope that your job is awesome and isn't too stressful. I liked janitorial because I was good at it and it was demanding of my brain... I could think about homework while I worked and would be mostly done with papers by the time my shift was over. Love you guys! Hope to see you soon!