Sunday, November 3, 2013

This Week at Our House # 42


  1. Work went well for John this week. I love saying that. I hope it continues. He works for a start up company that hasn't launched their website and doesn't have customers yet. So every week we are grateful he has a job.
  2. I have been so busy lately that the scripture “Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength and means." (D&C 10:4) Because I sure feel like I am doing more than I am able. This coming week promises to be at  least as busy. I am very tired.
  3. Ruth had a party on Halloween with all of her friends that aren't allowed to Trick or Treat. She's been pretty busy with friend stuff this year. She has good friends too. Last year her friends were very dramatic and caused her a lot of grief. Ruth started the school year determined to make new, happier friends. She has done so and is much happier.
  4. Kate ended the week with less homework than usual. She is getting better at doing her work quickly and getting used to her tough math class. She is getting good grades and is a very conscientious student. Kate had the most Halloween fun when we went to Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point. That place is a ton of fun. Next year, we plan to go earlier in October when it is warmer.
  5. Johnny trick or treated as Darth Vader. I let Johnny, Adam, and Rachel go for the first time without parents. They got way more candy because they did not have to go at toddler pace. In fact, I think they got double from the little kid group in less time. 
  6. Adam had a fun Halloween week. At school for Halloween they did a Roman day. They made and exploded volcanoes and built the Coliseum out of sugar cubes and frosting. Adam had a really fun day.
  7. Rachel dressed as a Fairy Witch for Halloween. She had a fun party and Halloween Costume parade at school. 
  8. Anya had a Halloween party in her class. She had fun trick or treating and visiting with the neighbors that were serving doughnuts, cookies, and hot chocolate. Anya was a butterfly for Halloween.
  9. Joseph was a dinosaur for Halloween. On Halloween morning, Joseph put his costume on and wore it all day. He was crazy excited all day. He has been on a constant candy binge since then. I just let my kids eat at will until it is gone. I like the candy binge and mess to be over as soon as possible. A whatever you want policy seems to accomplish this.
  10. Joshua actually did wear a Dragon costume and he went trick or treating and had a fun time. In the beginning of  October, I bought Josh a Thomas the Tank Engine Costume. He was so excited about it until we got it home and I tried to put it on him. He wouldn't wear it and said he hated Trick or Treating. Needless to say, I brought the costume back and we just didn't worry about it. On Halloween, I offered him Johnny's old Dragon costume and he put it on. 
  11. We dressed Arwen as a baby hobo with a sign that said "will work for candy". She meant it too. Arwen loves sweets!

2 comments:

rozanny said...

Your comment about Joey is exactly how Ada's day went... pretty funny!

If you want a break, give me a call (I mean it!) I can come sit with kids, take little ones out somewhere, etc...

LeAnn said...

It does look like your family had some great Halloween activities. I do hope you can slow down soon. I am sure you could use a nap once in while. I hope you get one.
Blessings!