Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Management Monday: Miracle Discipline Trick



With some kids all I have to do is look at them funny and they feel punished, even if I didn't mean a thing. Others there just seems to be nothing I can do to persuade them. I have found a trick that is working like magic.

I call the child over to me. I make that child look me in the eyes. I tell them what I want them to do or to stop doing. I then have them repeat back to me what I told them. Then I ask them when they plan to do it. The kid then usually says, "right now."

It has worked every single time. I have never been able to punish or persuade little Joseph, and now I can always get him to do what I want him to do. I hope it keeps working. It makes me think that my failure has come in not getting the attention of my children.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I do think children tune us out so your idea is awesome. I remember that I tried that too. Mother's can tune their children out too. I once told my teenage daughters that if they wanted to know if I heard them they should come over and request to look me in the eye while they told me what was important.
Blessings!

rozanny said...

Nice.... I think I'll have to try it.