- The Job we thought John would have by now has not come through yet. The vacation feeling of unemployment is wearing off and the urgency feeling is taking its place.
- Ugh long week. I am really hoping the weather will warm up so I can do more outdoor things with my kids.I just want to get out of the house.
- Ruth had another friend birthday party this weekend. She went to the Festival of Colors in Salt Lake. I thought that had something to do with tulips. Boy, was I wrong! She called and said that basically she and her friends threw chalk at each other the whole time. I was alarmed and asked if that was okay and if she was in trouble. Ruth seemed confused by my question. Apparently, The Festival of Colors is colored chalk throwing. Ruth came home covered in chalk! She had a hard time washing it off her skin. Alll of her clothes were dyed. She had a wonderful time.
- Kate along with all of my 4 oldest children got to meet Brandon Mull, author of the Fablehaven series at the Bountiful library on Tuesday.
- Johnny's been making some amazing lego creations. He has gone well beyond putting together a kit and is actually thinking about and making his own amazing ships and robots and things.
- The rule I made about no video games except on Friday and Saturdays is sticking pretty well. The kids have learned to obey the rule well. Adam usually wakes up on Friday and says, "Guess what? It is half day of school and wii day." This Friday, he didn't mention it, and when I reminded him, he said that he was too busy playing.
- Rachel sang and danced at her classroom talent show. She came home all glowy with stories of making the kids all laugh. I am guessing it went well. Rachel says she has a crush on Riley again and that Riley has a crush on her. I wonder what that means now? In the past, Rachel had said that she could not live with Riley every single day so she did not want to marry him.
- Anya's been my little snuggle buddy this week. She's hung around and about me a lot, and I am glad. I have been trying for a long time to get Anya to just hang out with me.
- I had Joseph wash the walls with me. For the first bit, Joseph would point to things that he had drawn, tell me wht they are and tell me to wash them. By the end, Joseph was pretty tired and asked what was for dinner. I told him that I did not know. He suggested doritos. I said no. He said, "If you don't give me doritos for dinner, I won't get you a birthday present."
- Josh LOVES milk. He wants to drink about 4 glasses of milk a day. He throws sippy cups at me and demands milk. As soon as he sees me in the mornings, he asks for milk. If I leave and come home, he will greet me at the door with a demand for milk. He is as obsessed with milk as he is with things that go. I wonder what this sort of 2 year old personality will turn into when he's older.
- Arwen's finally getting around a little more. She will follow me into other rooms now. Arwen smiles for me all of the time. If I am feeling weary and worn out, I can always rely on Arwen for a sweet, happy smile. I'm glad I have my sweet number 9. I never planned on having more than 8 kids.
Sunday, April 21, 2013
This Week at Our House # 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I continue to enjoy reading your weekly updates. I do hope your husband get's a job soon. We have been without a job about 3 times during our married life. It is not fun.
I liked the story of Ruth and the chalk; way fun for her.
It looks like you have a sweet baby.
Blessings and hugs!
Post a Comment