Sunday, October 14, 2012

Feeling a Bit Frightened

This is my most expensive birthday present. John bought me the Utah Valley HALF Marathon. So it is happening. I will have to run a half marathon June 8, 2013. I am terrified. I couldn't even run the mile in the 4th grade. I am NOT a runner. This will be hard work for me, but I need a healthy body to be the best mom I can be. So starting this week, exercise means more. It means training.

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Congratulations! I'm pretty excited for you. You'll do great, don't worry. I'm sure you've already looked up a few things, but you have plenty of (extended) family members that can help you out with training ideas and schedules, etc.

Courtney said...

I so wish we lived closer so we could do this together, I so need to be doing the same thing.

Amy said...

bah! Go you!!!!! I can't wait to hear about it. You are amazing. :)

LeAnn said...

I used to love jogging when I was young like you. It really did help me feel better in so many different ways. You can hope for a runners high.
You are so wise to do good things for your health. You have a lot of mothering left to do.
Blessings and hugs!