Saturday, October 27, 2012

Drive


 We've had this 36 piece dinosaur floor puzzle since Ruth was 2.5. The last two years I kept it in storage because my kids are destructive and I did not want to loose the pieces. But, when I changed out the summer clothes for the winter clothes a few weeks ago I found that I needed more storage space. Out came the puzzle. I just stuck it on a reachable shelf in Anya, Rachel, and Joseph's bedroom closet. A couple days later, the puzzles was part in their bedroom, part in the downstairs toys, part in my bedroom, part in the laundry room etc. Then Anya and Joseph realized they could match the picture together and do they puzzle. They spent three hours one morning putting the puzzle together and seeking out all of the pieces to the puzzle. They actually found them all. And NOW-- Joseph is OBCESSED and ADORABLE! He spends hours every day building the puzzle, breaking the puzzle, building the puzzle... His favorite place is the halfway point on the stairs.


All of my boys have displayed this sort of drive and force to figure something out.I am always pleased to see my boys using their natural drive to problem solve and discover. It is just a good thing!

No comments: