I have been wanting to post about this for days but my time has been short and computer competition has been heavy. I am glad to finally be sitting down and typing.
Since January, Ruth and Kate and all of the other people in the above picture have been learning about law and court and preparing for a mock trial competition with other 7th and 8th graders around the state.
Friday was their first competition. I dropped them off at the Salt Lake City courthouse, and they "preformed" a trial with other another group that has been preparing the same case. Our group lost to the other group by one point. But for both groups, the judges said that they preformed more like college students then junior high students. So they were rated highly, and may be competing more.
Their next trial is a week from Friday. I am going to drop my six younger kids off at my mother in laws house, so I can watch them during the next trial. If they are as good as the judges say, the will probably beat the next team.
I am so glad that we have found some good friends and good, fun classes in SLC. The girls always come away from their mock trial group, happy, and bubbily and with plenty to talk about.
Of course, it has been a lot of driving for me. Kid events always take a lot of my time, even when I don't participate. John keeps asking me when things are going to slow down. They won't. We have too many kids. Mock trial will end soon, but Ruth and Kate are preforming in the Twelfth Night, and their practicing will be picking up a ton. Then Soccer begins mid-April and Johnny and Adam will be doing that. So things will not slow down. But my kids are loving what they are doing. I am sure I can manage all of the driving for them, and with all of the kids being homeschooled, we are together plenty.

4 comments:
I love the thought of children that age doing a court activity. I remember the driving around years and found that it was a good time to talk with them about their lives. I just want to assure you that there is never enough time to do all you want to do even at my old age.
You are amazing to do homeschooling and all that you are doing. I have a daughter that is much like you.
Blessings and hugs to you!
Sounds like life in a loving home....keep the good work up! All of those 8 kids are amazing ....huggies and kisses to you all
You are amaing! Strong! And Brave!
Post a Comment