Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Family

I just have to say how much I love my family. My husband and my children are so much better, smarter, funner than I ever dared dream they would be. This morning John and Ruth got up early and went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. John stayed and assisted with a lot of youth there this morning. Then they came home with a  dozen delicious donuts. Kate blessed the breakfast and said, "thank thee for the wonderful food, especially this wonderful food. It is donuts for breakfast, so thank thee for donuts!" Then the kids all danced around and we ate donuts. John sat down to the computer and in 30 minutes wrote a program that brightened up our dark pictures way better than turning up the brightness does. I played the piano, Ruth read a book, and the other kids played Greek gods and wars. I just love, love, love my wonderful family.

I have often had people look at me with pity and say, "Boy, your hands are full." Yes my hands are full. I am so very grateful my hands are full, because they are wonderfully full. My children are not a burden. They do not keep me from accomplishing things I could have done if I hadn't had my children. My children are my accomplishment and my greatest accomplishment at that. All of the time I put into cleaning, and teaching ,and cooking and playing babies and war-- all of the poopy diapers, puke, dirty dishes, tears, piano lessons, reading lessons, complaint sessions, and fights that I take care of are worth so much more than if I were a doctor or a lawyer or the writer that I thought I might be. I did not give up much compared to how much I gained. Children are truly a gift and an heritage from God. I am so grateful for my wonderful 7 children that keep me so busy and so happy. I am also grateful for a wonderful husband who wants children and loves, cares for, and puts time into his children. Our family is precious and wonderful. I love them.

5 comments:

rozanny said...

You are wonderful! And I don't look at you with pity, I look at you in amazement that anyone can handle so much is such a good manner. I see friends... (and yes, family too) handle less with less enthusiasm and faith.

Brandi said...

What a very sweet post! You are an amazing woman!

daughter of eve said...

and just think of the legacy for the generations to come....your Great Grandmother LeBlanc had 11 children...and your Great Great Grandmother Whilimena Linderman Pardon had 12 children... and look at the great example you are to your children who will continue the family...you are doing well as a Mother and I agree that you are missing NOTHING in the world as a career woman...your love and passion belong to the Lord and he trust you with these special seven beautiful children to raise them unto the Lord...love you and am proud that you chose the Right! love ya mom

daughter of eve said...

and just think of the legacy for the generations to come....your Great Grandmother LeBlanc had 11 children...and your Great Great Grandmother Whilimena Linderman Pardon had 12 children... and look at the great example you are to your children who will continue the family...you are doing well as a Mother and I agree that you are missing NOTHING in the world as a career woman...your love and passion belong to the Lord and he trust you with these special seven beautiful children to raise them unto the Lord...love you and am proud that you chose the Right! love ya mom

busymomof10 said...

What an encouraging post! I just love your positive attitude! Your children are so blessed to have a momma like you!!!!! BTW, I LOVE the picture on your blog header! You have a beautiful family too!