5. This is my own grandmother, Yvonne Harrison, we called her Memere. She is my Mom's mother and she died of ovarian cancer when I was 19. I always wished she could have lived long enough to meet John. I know they would like each other. I think, I am probably more like my Memere than I would often like to admit. Memere was strict like I tend to be. She liked to read and learn things. I think I got half my nerdiness from my Dad and the other half from my Memere. Memere picked me up from early morning seminary when I was in high school. She would have me over for dinner and always have things set up so nice and pretty. Whenever I felt lonely as a teenager, I would go and visit Memere. She made me feel happier. She also quit smoking and drinking cold turkey to join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She served 2 missions in California after she retired. One of my most treasured items from Memere was a letter she wrote me 2 months before she died in which she bore her testimony of the true gospel. Memere left a true legacy of faith for me. I have been ever grateful to her for listening to the missionaries, introducing my mother to them, getting baptized, and staying faithful, so that I could be born in a covenant home and spread that Legacy to my own children.
6. My very own wonderful mother, Pat Pardon. My mother is always serving people because she loves them. She serves without even knowing she is serving. If someone my mom knows is sick or down, she will just take in dinner or invite them over. My mother's home has always been open to the lonely, and depressed. My mother just loves people. She loves, her friends, her family, and even strangers. My mom loves her grandchildren. She would give them anything. If one of my kids wants something, even just candy, all they have to do is call grandma and it will be in the mail. (Fortunately, my kids don't really know this :)). My mom taught me to read my scriptures, to pray, to have faith and repent. My mom faithfully attended church and did her callings even when she suffered from a neck injury. My mother formed me and made me who I am. My mother served me in ways that I never knew until I became a mother. My mother still spends everyday of her life serving and helping her family. I have been very blessed to have born to such an amazing woman.

5 comments:
oh wow - such a great post. I will probably copy you. Not word for word...but almost. ;o) haha.
such a sweet post.
thank you Diane for your love...yes there are many women who influences our lives. My MeMere was a good influence for me,she taught me how to pray when I was 10 while I lived with her...granted it was the rosery, but it taught me to get on my knees and reconize that there was a God...she was a Lady in every sense of the word...she worked in the shoe shop in Springvale until she was 70 yrs old...she supported her husband who became disabled...My Aunt May was a great woman she loved me so much and always said things to me that made me feel good about me...as far as the gospel goes, if it hadn't been for my Father, according to my Mother, we might not have joined the church, since he answered the door the missionaires came into the house and the rest is history...My Mother was a good woman and did what she could to make life better for Stephen and me. I have to say, because she would want me to, she only had to give up smoking and coffee! She was a very good Latter-Day Saint helping lots of people out. As I have walked through my life I have been touched by many good woman who are only memories to me...my visiting teachers in Port Orchard, WA who met us at the door the day we moved into our house...the day I forgot they were coming and answered the door with Amy, one year old, on my hip and Amber, only a few months old, under my arm like carrying a football...Seth, two years old, having just dumped a very large box of Trix cereal in the middle of the livingroom floor, and the worse, me in my pink bathrobe that had baby puke and other baby stuff on it and my hair in disarray, they rolled up their sleeves and vacuumed up the trixs...did my dishes and cleaned my kitchen...I will always be grateful for the love they showed to me always!!! YOU as a Mother has been a great influence on me too. You have taught your children well and carried on the legecy of the gospel to my most precious babies...and YES you can tell them if I have the money whatever they need we can do!!!! Thank you for your tribute...love you mom xoxox
thank you Diane for your love...yes there are many women who influences our lives. My MeMere was a good influence for me,she taught me how to pray when I was 10 while I lived with her...granted it was the rosery, but it taught me to get on my knees and reconize that there was a God...she was a Lady in every sense of the word...she worked in the shoe shop in Springvale until she was 70 yrs old...she supported her husband who became disabled...My Aunt May was a great woman she loved me so much and always said things to me that made me feel good about me...as far as the gospel goes, if it hadn't been for my Father, according to my Mother, we might not have joined the church, since he answered the door the missionaires came into the house and the rest is history...My Mother was a good woman and did what she could to make life better for Stephen and me. I have to say, because she would want me to, she only had to give up smoking and coffee! She was a very good Latter-Day Saint helping lots of people out. As I have walked through my life I have been touched by many good woman who are only memories to me...my visiting teachers in Port Orchard, WA who met us at the door the day we moved into our house...the day I forgot they were coming and answered the door with Amy, one year old, on my hip and Amber, only a few months old, under my arm like carrying a football...Seth, two years old, having just dumped a very large box of Trix cereal in the middle of the livingroom floor, and the worse, me in my pink bathrobe that had baby puke and other baby stuff on it and my hair in disarray, they rolled up their sleeves and vacuumed up the trixs...did my dishes and cleaned my kitchen...I will always be grateful for the love they showed to me always!!! YOU as a Mother has been a great influence on me too. You have taught your children well and carried on the legecy of the gospel to my most precious babies...and YES you can tell them if I have the money whatever they need we can do!!!! Thank you for your tribute...love you mom xoxox
That is so nice of you! You made my day. I'm blushing, what do i say?
What a kind tribute to some nice moms! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment