Thursday, May 13, 2010

Long Rambling Tale

Last night, Kate needed $2 for school today. Because, some one always needs $2 for something, I never have any cash. So I had to go to the store to buy something to get cash in $1 bills. I thought I would head on over to Smith's and buy my favorite chocolate pie. (Good excuse right?) I told John and he was like, "Do we need pie?" No, we didn't, but we did need eggs, and milk, and peanut butter, and I am sure I can write a pretty big list of food needs. I offered to buy eggs and said, and John said, "No. get pie, and get Adam a treat." (Adam left the bunny cage unlocked, the bunnies got out and one was fine and the other got caught by a cat or a dog. It had no head :(. We will replace the bunny, but John is worried about Adam so he told me to get him a treat.) I took Kate along with me to Smith's..

Kate was so fun!!! She talked and talked and talked. She told me all sorts of interesting things, and I just had to write a couple of them. A boy in Kate's class named Haze, looked at her and put the loser sign on his forehead. Kate looked at him and sang, "He was looking kind of dumb with his finger and his thumb in the shape of an L on his forehead." Since, I know that Kate is actually quite nice almost all of the time we didn't have the discussion of how you need to be nice to people who are mean to you. Then Kate told me why Ruth doesn't ever use her ipod. It is because, Ruth does not want the battery to run out. Too Funny!!! I think I actually did stuff like That when I was 12 too.

Well, once we got to the store, we got pie right away. Then we went to get Adam some fancy lollipop thing that he likes and all of the candy bars were on sale. In the end, we put the pie back and got a whole bunch of candy. When we got home (at 9:30pm), we dumped our too expensive (what was I thinking?) bag of candy out on the upstairs family room floor. Ruth, Kate, Johnny, and Adam dove in. (The little ones were in bed.) I read to the kids and shewed them off to bed. I think it is  harder to put the older kids to bed no matter how late it is. If it is before 10pm it is almost impossible. After 10, there is still some convincing and arguing. "It is a school night."  "You have been tired." " You are happier if you get more sleep." "You have testing tomorrow. The teachers asked us to get you to bed early." "Would you quit arguing?" "I DON'T CARE!!!! GET TO BED NOW!!!!"

It was a fun little night, though. I had a great time with Kate. I think of it as one of those treasured mother moments. It is so fun to have my girls chatting with me so very much. I love it. I love being a mom.

4 comments:

Becca said...

I love that story! that is TOO cute! I'm glad moments like that happen even when your kids are older.

Grace woke up and called me to her this morning. she wanted me to lay down with her. we lay there, and talked. counted our fingers and toes. named where elbows, knees, wrists, necks, and cheeks were. talked about going for a walk today.

being a mom is SO sweet. where else would I get a moment like that?

rozanny said...

Kate is pretty funny... It's like she has a story for every situation... even if you're just sitting on the couch... there are a couple stories to be told there too...

Daughter of Eve said...

I love the way that Kate keeps her world in prespective...I think seldom has she let anyone under her skin!!!!! Your MeMere always said,"Good things come in small packages, like dynamite" ...while I think Kate is a wonderful and delightful person and the perfect Granddaughter...because when we visit she expects me to spend "ALL" my time with her...she sure makes me feel really wanted and loved...and what can I say other than except "WhoRah" for Kate!! Kate and I have special relationship that I cherish...every day..even though I seldom see her because of the 2700 miles to your home...love you too Diane...thankyou for Kate..momxoxox

Daughter of Eve said...

oh Yes!!!! I am sad that Adam had to find a headless bunny....I am sure that was sad for him..he just loves animals...hopefully lots of candy was a good offering to help with the remorse of loosing a buddy...love you mom