Monday, December 10, 2007

Family Game


No one would confess to how this started. I thought that it was Ruth, but she said that is was Johnny. Johnny denied that it was him and thought that it might be Kate. Kate suggested that maybe Adam started it after all. Well, here is what happened. We were going to play Old Maid for a Family Home Evening Game, which we have successfully done in the past. Johnny shuffled and dealt the cards and we were ready to play. Just as we were arguing who was to go first a card flew past Adam and I. (Adam was on my team.) I picked up the card. It was the old maid card. Adam took it out of my hand, looked at it and threw it toward the Dad and Rachel team. Dad looked at the card and threw it toward Ruth. Ruth threw it at Johnny. Johnny threw it at Kate. Kate threw it at Adam, and Adam just started throwing all of his cards. Johnny then started throwing all of his cards and Ruth and Kate eagerly started to collect matches while the old maid flew around some more. Rachel started to fuss because she always fusses during Old Maid because she wants all of the cards. John and I decided this must be the Christmas jitters version of Old Maid. I guess we are just too excited to attempt anything with any real organization. It was fun and short and ended in chocolate pie.



3 comments:

Becca said...

that sounds like a fun game! haha. Anything that ends in chocolate pie is a good thing. yum. i want some.

Daughter of Eve said...

reminds me of the fun we had when you and your brother and sisters were young....that is so funny...I can just see everyone jumping around, Rae crying and Mom and Dad not really knowing what to do next, except give it and join in!!! I love you Sweetie

Em said...

HAHAHA, so I was just about to write Well I like anything that ends with Chocolate pie, and then I saw that Bec has written the same thing..yeah we are Robertsons.