Sunday, December 9, 2007

Blonds Get All the Attention


Recently I was looking at some old photos of Kate and realized that I had forgotten that Kate had very blond hair until she was about 4 1/2. That reminded me of a time when Ruth was 5 1/2 and Kate was 4 and they were taking a bath together. Ruth must have been pretty jealous of Kate's blond hair, because when I came into the bathroom I saw Ruth splashing water on Kate's hair saying, "turn brown, turn brown, turn brown..." When I asked Ruth what she was doing she told me that when she put water on Kate's hair then Kate's hair looked brown like her hair. Within six months Kate's hair did turn brown, and very close to the same shade as Ruth's hair. Then I forgot that Kate was ever a blond at all. Last night I recounted this little tale to Ruth and Kate (which they enjoyed immensely). When I finished telling the story, Ruth said, "It must be because blonds get all the attention."

1 comment:

Becca said...

How old is Ruth? And she is already realizing the whole blond cs. brunette deal? goodness. I like my brown hair. However, I do LOVE it when it has some blond-ish highlights in it. that's a def. plus!