This weekend Johnny got very sick in the middle of the night. When our kids are sick we move their mattresses to the family room so they can lay in their beds and watch movies while they are ill. But on Saturday mornings, Ruth and Kate wake up early to watch cartoons. This Saturday I intercepted Ruth and Kate from going down to the TV too early so Johnny could get a little sleep. Later, when I went into Ruth and Kate's bedroom to tell them that it was okay to go and watch cartoons they both looked worried and declared that they had prayed and decided that they should fast for Johnny. I talked to them a little about their decision and we decided that it was a very nice idea for them to fast breakfast that morning to help Johnny. I felt very impressed and humbled by the compassion and genuine concern Ruth and Kate had for their brother, and also for their trust and faith in the Lord. Johnny spent all Saturday very ill and with a high fever, but awoke Sunday morning with no fever and feeling well again. I believe that his sister's devotion and faith helped him to get better quickly. I also know that I have very good children. They are a delight and a blessing to my husband and me.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Compassion and Faith
This weekend Johnny got very sick in the middle of the night. When our kids are sick we move their mattresses to the family room so they can lay in their beds and watch movies while they are ill. But on Saturday mornings, Ruth and Kate wake up early to watch cartoons. This Saturday I intercepted Ruth and Kate from going down to the TV too early so Johnny could get a little sleep. Later, when I went into Ruth and Kate's bedroom to tell them that it was okay to go and watch cartoons they both looked worried and declared that they had prayed and decided that they should fast for Johnny. I talked to them a little about their decision and we decided that it was a very nice idea for them to fast breakfast that morning to help Johnny. I felt very impressed and humbled by the compassion and genuine concern Ruth and Kate had for their brother, and also for their trust and faith in the Lord. Johnny spent all Saturday very ill and with a high fever, but awoke Sunday morning with no fever and feeling well again. I believe that his sister's devotion and faith helped him to get better quickly. I also know that I have very good children. They are a delight and a blessing to my husband and me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's a really neat story. Your girls are so sweet. You guys must be doing a good job teaching them. I emjoy reading your blog, even if I don't always comment. :)
Ok first of all...you guys are amazing. There's no way your girls would have thought of that if they hadn't been taught by their parents through not only lessons and such but example as well. That is a cool story.
Next, and a little more vain topic I guess...your girls are gorgeous! They really are so beautiful! haha. Do you watch seinfeld? there is one where Elaine has a friend who has a baby and her friend talks about how beautiful the baby is...but when anyone looks at the baby it's a terribly ugly child. James and I always joke about how we are going to be such parents. We will think our kid is SOOOO adorable and perfect and the rest of the world will know that we have an unfortunate mixture of genes. haha. Nah, I'm sure Grace will be beautiful too, but it's a good laugh.
long comment. sorry.
Your Fathers and my P. Blessings state that if we keep our covenants that we would have a "great and noble posterity"... before we had you kids we decided that this would be a wonderful blessings and have tried very hard to reach high to have great children and grandchildren who would inturn do the same....Deedee you have taught them well, and of course they are the most beautiful grandgirls EVER!
Post a Comment