Kate sent this great story to me while I was visiting my mother in the hospital.
While dad was reading the story of Elijah and the priests of Baal, Eliza brought me a flat circle of pink playdough she had made and told me it was a cookie for me. I picked it up, thanked her kindly, and took a bite. She had an expression between shock and horror.
Later she brought two more cookies. One she gave to Anya, and told her it was a cookie for her. The second she began to pass to me, when she held her hand back and with a troubled expression informed me that, "It is pink. It is playdough. Playdough is yucky. You cannot eat it." And then handed me the playdough that was pink and not a cookie.
She repeatedly told me through scripture study that it was pink playdough and not a cookie.
At some point Rachel made Eliza a very pretty chocolate chip cookie out of her portion of pink playdough. Delighted, Eliza asked me to do the same. I promised her I would make it into a cookie. Thankfully I still had a few oreos left. I hid one up my sleeve, rolled the pink playdough into a ball, and made it appear a moment later as an oreo cookie, which I gave to her claiming I had made her pink playdough into an actual cookie.
When Eliza took the oreo, Anya told Eliza that it was yucky playdough and not to eat it. Concerned, Eliza put the cookie down in her lap and thought it over for several minutes, whether it was a cookie or playdough, before biting into the oreo and proudly declaring that it was in fact a cookie, an oreo cookie.
Saturday, December 28, 2024
A Really Great Story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment