Friday, January 13, 2023

Conversation with Sam


 

I was picking up the toys not too long after I kicked the kids off from computer games. Sam came over and began picking up with me. He asked if he could do a chore to earn more computer time. I told him that if I gave out too much computer time that Dad would get mad and simply ground everyone. Sam understood that and continued to help me pick up and separate the toys. He then said, "I am good at this." Then he again asked if he could do a chore for computer time. I talked to him about how he needs to learn to do things that are not computer games. I suggested reading books, playing with his toys, playing games with his siblings, etc. Sam piped in and said, "I play games. Can I earn time for computer?"

I then decided that I needed to give him more specific ideas, and I said, "You can be the dad and Susan can be the mom and you could play house together."

Sam replied, "I think I better build with blocks."

No comments: