Sunday, June 26, 2022

Summer Solstice at the Beach

 

I took most of the family to the beach to watch the sunrise on summer solstice, and mother nature did not disappoint. It was the best sunset that we have had in a very long time and we have not had one as beautiful in the days since. 

I sat and played in the sand with Eliza for a good long time. Eliza did not disappoint either. She walked her first 5 steps in a row. She ate a peach and tried to feed it to John; she played in the sand with all of her baby might, and she crawled as fast as she could to get to the water. Eliza LOVED the water. Johnny correctly said that she has no self preservation with the ocean. She loved the water and was not content unless it was up to her chest. As every wave went out, Eliza would crawl out to catch it again.

Rachel made a game where they would swim out until they had to call for help. That's a bad idea for agame, but I think I might have suggested something similar at the same age. 

Susan, of course, swam the entire time. She never gets enough of the ocean either. 

I loved floating on my back and having a conversation with Rachel, Anya, Adam, and Joseph. Rachel is as good of a swimmer as I ever was and that makes me a happy mother. 

It was a beautiful time and a lovely trip with the family. 


































No comments: