| The Smith family log |
Ruth, Kate. Rachel, Gideon, and I went to see the church history sites in Palmyra, NY and Kirtland, OH. The drive was long and hard but being in these holy places where God and Christ and angels and ancient and modern prophets. It was wonderful to walk where Joseph Smith walked and where he received the golden plates. We had a wonderful trip.
We were lucky to get a very affordable hotel room near Rochester, NY with a mini kitchen so we ate cheaply and very well and slept well and did not put too much stress on my pregnant body.
| On the Smith Family Farm in Palmyra |
| The Palmyra Temple overlooking the Sacred Grove |
| a room in the frame home that Alvin Smith built where some translation of the Book of Mormon began |
| kitchen in the Smith frame home |
| kitchen sink |
| original fireplace and bricks where Joseph hid the golden plates |
| Original Frame Home built by Alvin Smith and where Joseph first brought the golden plates |
| beside the Sacred Grove |
| In the Sacred Grove |
| kitchen at the Whitmer Farm where the Church was organized and the first meeting was held. |
| Whitmer log home-- rebuilt |
| First Temple of this Dispensation a lot happened within these sacred walls |
| Inside the Whitney Store |
| Upstairs at Whitney Store many D&C Revelations were received at this original table |
| School of the prophets was held here |
| kirtland saw mill built and run to build the temple |
| he was done and playing dead |
1 comment:
Wow, I love this trip that you were able to take. Thanks for sharing the fun photos. This is my dream trip that I didn't get to take and still hope to someday. I imagine it was a sweet one with those girls and your little one.
We had a trip like this planned about 11 years ago. It was completely planned with flight, hotels, and etc. Unfortunately, my dearest brother became ill, so we went to be with him, and he later passed away. I still hope to make this trip sometime. I know it would be a sacred spiritual experience.
Blessings and hugs!
Post a Comment