Monday, September 28, 2020

Grocery Trip and Other Stuff



 I have started taking the little kids back to the store some. Today, I did the big grocery store trip with Sam. That's the first time he's been in a store since February. He was well behaved and asked for a variety of things on the shelves. When the cashier cooed over how cute he was, he ducked his head under his arm. Then he got out of the cart and hid behind me. 

The mood this evening is quite festive. I brought home a lot of groceries including raspberries and donuts and easy peasy chicken nuggets for dinner. The kids are all cheerier and playing or chatting together. Sam got some playdough, so Sam, Gideon, Arwen, and Susan are all enjoying creating with playdough. 

When I took Gideon to the store last week to buy the stuff, he was afraid of the cart, but I put him in because I needed my hands. At one point, I took him back out to hold him, but he wanted to get back in and have me push him faster. 

Sunday I Josh came into my room looked at me and I automatically said, "It's Sunday, no computer games."
The same thing happened with Anya, and then Arwen came in and requested to play Minecraft. When I got up, I found Josh, Anya, and Arwen all sitting quietly and still on the couch. I looked at them and laughed and they said they couldn't think of anything to do besides computer games. I suggested  books. That was a no go. Anya said, "I thought of painting, and I know that I have paints, but I don't know where they are." Josh said that he could think if a hundred things. I told Anya where to find her paints. Then I got the little kid paints out, and Rachel, Anya, Joseph, Joshua, Arwen, Sam, and Susan spent about 4 hours sitting on the back deck painting.  










1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I remember trips to the store with my children. Some were fun and some not so good.
I loved the story of your sabbath. The painting activity looks fun. I enjoyed the photos.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!
Hope you have a great General Conference weekend!!