Sunday, July 19, 2020

This Week at Our House # 29




 The refrigerator broke in transit and never made it to our house. I called and waited and called until I found out that another would not arrive until Aug 22nd or later. So we opted for a different one that will hopefully get to our house safe and sound and working great by August 4th.

I worked and worked and worked on my homeschool curriculum. It is up on kindle, but I need to get it ready for a paper version, and that will begin on Tuesday.

We went to the beach on Tuesday. It was hot, hot, hot, and the water was like a warm bathtub, as is common here in July. I got tubes on clearance for $1 a piece. They were awesomely fun, but made Kate sea sick. Sam played in the water for the first time, ever, because he really liked using the tube and riding in the waves on the most shallow end of the shore.

Ruth's working and working hard illustrating. Kate is figuring out what she is going to do next. Johnny broke a window and now has another house project to help me with. Adam reads a lot of scriptures now and I think that is great. Anya and Rachel did a lot of laundry and babysitting because I worked so much. Kate is reading a big fantasy novel to Anya and Joseph. Joseph loves it and Anya does not. Joseph and Josh complained a lot because all they want to do is play computer games. It's probably good school starts in two weeks. Arwen got scriptures from her grandmother and carried them around with her since then. Suzy prays to "help us bless the food," and Sam prays, "I want food." Gideon keeps us all on our toes and cleaning up. We've eaten too many ramen noodles and cans of chili. We look forward to more fresh and frozen food in three more weeks.

We need to clean pictures off of the hard drive before I can get them off from the camera and on the blog. I'm waiting on John to fix that.




































1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I'm so sad you are having to wait longer for a refrigerator. It is amazing how hard it is to get somethings. We waited for about 6 weeks to get some seeds for a garden and then there were other stuff too. These are strange times for sure.
I enjoyed reading through all your kids are doing. I especially love how they help each other and do things for each other.
The beach sounded fun and I am sure that has been a blessing to your children to be able to go there.
May life getting a little easier for you. I still feel good things will come and you will later look back and see how much you have all grown the through these difficult experiences.
Blessings and hugs!