Hmmm... I need to get to the family computer to get pictures up. We finished our last week of school vacation, a major house project, had a nice new year's eve with a game my sister sent for Christmas, and finished off most of our Christmas snacks.
School starts tomorrow morning and we will go 16 weeks nonstop with no days off. I think this year I am going to go back to old weekly format most weeks. It helps me to keep track of each kid and they all like their stories.
- Ruth is working on pictures for me, for my next kid's book. She is also preparing an intense Spanish curriculum for our 16 weeks of school for Adam up through John and I.
- Kate is currently drawing the cover for my poetry book. She is also scheduled to start the drawings for the forth children's book that I have written and is looking to do more with MegaDragonsaurus.
- Johnny has been sick with a very bad cough. He helped me finish off a very big house project and rested.
- Adam argues about art. He has one artist he loves and argues that all others are wrong. We're trying to teach him that differing opinions and tastes are fine to have and you must tolerate that. If it isn't a commandment, it is not on the list for absolute.
- Rachel cooked a lot this week. She is getting so she likes to make treats. She is not looking forward to school being back in session.
- Anya turns 12 in just a few more days. She is as cute of a 12 year old as they come. Rachel is very, very happy to have her in young women's and sunday school with her.
- Joseph is very talkative and always has things to tell me. I learned this week that he hates picking up the floors so much, he will beg to wash the dishes. Funny.
- Joshua came and cuddled up to me and said that he was looking forward to our school time reading scriptures together.
- I have been walking a mile (7 laps around 2/3rds of our property) and Arwen has been running the whole time. She is an athletic little one.
- Susan said she would not take a bath because she wants her hair to be curly.
- Sam is such a sweet cuddly boy. The terrible twos have melted away and he is nothing but cute again. Unfortunately, he has learned to play computer games.
- Gideon walks and runs, says: yes and cat, and shakes his head no. He has become a terrible two at eleven months. He also threw off his pacifier. If we even try to give it to him, he will get angry. The problem is, he has decided that I am his pacifier and wants to nurse for 5 or 10 minutes, play for 10 minutes, and then nurse again. He will be one this month. Time sure flies.
No comments:
Post a Comment