Tuesday, December 10, 2019

This Week at Our House # 49 Oddly Busy


It was an oddly busy week, even though it was a vacation week.

Tuesday, I left early in the morning for an eye doctor's appointment.  They kept me there for two hours and it was nothing more than the usual checks, then I needed to do the grocery shopping. I was gone from home for four hours with no kids. That almost never happens, but when it does it is very stressful for all at home.

Wednesday, I had to leave early in the morning to get the brakes on the van fixed. Again, I went alone, and it was a good thing because I was there for almost four hours. We needed a new caliper and they had to get the part from a city 30 minutes away. But, they charged me very little. We also learned that we have been a driving miracle because the rotor was more than half gone.

Thursday we cleaned the whole house, as we normally do on Fridays. Johnny and Adam did a lot of outdoor work.

Friday, I had to leave early for Johnny and Adam's eye doctor appointments, but this time I brought Gideon, so it was much easier for the people at home.

Saturday, we call free day, but I spent the whole day either on laundry or on books. I did get one up for sale on Amazon, and one ready to go. We still need to get a pdf converter so we can make them available in paperback.

Sunday, we had Susan, Sam, and Gideon all sick. I spent the whole day and all night holding a very
unhappy baby.

Here are some fun stories:

From John (d&d means dungeons and dragons):

I was teasing the kids that they needed to change their D&D this month
to make it more Christmas-y. I pointed to a blank sheet of paper next
to Johnny, who was considering maps, and I said "see, there's your
map. Its the north pole, its just all white with a mark that says 'you
are here'". Kate said, derisively, "Why does bringing Christmas into
things always mean bringing in the north pole?"
I asked "Do you want to bring the gospel into your D&D? Like, You run
into three kings - Kate steals their gold".

About Gideon:
He is running around now and saying "yes" and "hey".
He took the cat and tried to ride him, though he has never seen such a thing.

Susan coughing and sighing: See, I am not sick. I can go to church.

My conversation with Arwen while she was making a book.
Arwen: Mom will you like my book.
Me: Yes, I think I will.
Arwen: You will like it because it is mine.
Me: Well, yes, that is true.
Arwen: well, it is nothing dummy.

Ruth's conversation with Arwen:
arwen "This is a pretty skirt"
me "It's my underskirt"
arwen "Oh it's pretty. I hope I can get it when you die."
me "are you planning my funeral?"
arwen "No. But you know all people die"

Rachel's
Susan laying in Ruth's lap as Ruth pets Susan's head:
Ruth: She is my cat, she even licks me.
Susan: meow

Sam, when John asked me to go spend time with him:
"No mom, don't go in there! Don't go in there!"

Sam put a large stuffed duck on his potty chair, hugged the duck and said:
"It's okay. I like to pee too."

Anya about 16 times: "I didn't know you had said anything to me."

Joseph crying, "I can't find Sella (a chicken)", about 6 or more times.

Not funny, but I need to give a shout out and a thank you to Rachel and Anya and Ruth for doing a lot of laundry, dishes, and cooking a lot of meals.

And I need to remember something about Joshua. He mostly tries to get people to do Spanish flashcards with him because he then can turn those minutes into computer game time.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

What a busy life you lead. Your children being sick on a Sabbath day brought back a few memories. I always hated it when they were sick on the weekend.
I enjoyed reading through your children's conversations. I can see that Joshua is really pretty smart.
Hugs for all!