Sunday, November 10, 2019

Adam's Birthday


Adam turned 15 on Monday!!! I'll get that collage made at some point.

Adam is my only kid where I feel like his age is catching up to his size. He is big and tall and all grown, though I expect him to get taller. Most people think Adam is older than he is.  Adam is very capable. He has always been able to do more than all of his other siblings at all of the ages. He could vacuum at 5. Most of my kids could barely push a vacuum at 10. This year Adam has peeled wall paper, painted sanded and refinished woodwork, tore off and put in a new roof, replaced deck board, replaced a floor, replaced subflooring, replaced ceiling, played with and watched little kids, wrote computer programs, learned difficult classical pieces on the piano that no one else in the family can play, learned to draw very well, transcribed original historical documents, work on illustration for books I am writing, and more. He is advanced in his math and is finally reading a lot faster and even some things just for enjoyment. He even bakes and cooks. Yesterday he made homemade cinnamon rolls.


Adam so big and gracious and strong
walking, whistling his cheery song
sitting and pounding out proudly
on the piano playing loudly
standing, booming out serious jokes
obtaining laughs from his friendly blokes
Adam so big and gracious and strong
we always like to have him along.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love your sweet poem to Adam. Being able to do all those things will be such a blessing in Adam's life. I loved reading all your thoughts on your Adam.
Happy Birthday hugs for Adam!