Wow! What a week! I had to bring the van in twice because two things were wrong. The battery was bad and the starter was dying. They had me fix the battery first to see if the starter was not getting enough power. That worked for about a day and then the starter was only clicking into gear about every other time we turned the key, so we took it back and replaced the starter. Additionally, Rachel had to be seen by a doctor for an ear infection that she is still struggling with and Joseph and Anya saw a dentist. It was week! I am hoping this next one will be better.
- John continues to work hard. He had a bad cold and didn't feel well the whole week, but still worked a lot. He did not put his first game up for sale yet. I believe he decided to add unlockable levels first.
- I am struggling. I would appreciate prayers from anyone who reads this. We need John to get a job, even if it doesn't pay well. We can get along on a little.
- Ruth said this to me this week, "This week I have truly come to recognize how often God answers our prayers and how often we do not recognize it. I am grateful that sometimes he waits to answer until the time is right. It is on God's timing that he answers prayers." I appreciate her faith. She is half way through her mission.
- My mother in law's Bishop approached her and said their ward would help Kate on her mission. We needed that. I think that is an answer to Kate's prayers.
- Johnny has been such a big help this week. We all rely on him so much. When I was pregnant with him the Holy Ghost whispered to me that I was pregnant with a baby that was better than me, better than my husband, and better than my two other kids. We all know the truthfulness of that. He is everything good and always has been.
- Sam relies on Adam to carry him around and play with him a lot. I love that Adam will just do it. I think Sam and Adam will have a good relationship when they are older. One of the blessings of having a large family is teens caring for babies.
- Rachel's ear infection is still a problem. I am almost certain I will need to bring her back to a doctor. With the ear pain, Rachel has been taking baths to help relieve the pressure and Kate has allowed her to bring the ducks into the tub. Rachel's really liked that. Because Rachel has not been able to sleep with the ear pain, John spent a night up with her. They searched through Netflix and Rachel said that Netflix is like dumpster diving. Most of the movies are really trash, while rarely there will be a treasure.
- Anya had to do a lot more chores this week since Rachel has been out of commission. She has done a good job taking care of things, but then today she woke up not feeling too well.
- Joseph spent the week mostly outside. He and Adam love to climb our sycamore tree, they catch fire flies at dark, and play tag. I am happy to have such a nice place for them to play.
- Joshua loves his chicken a lot. He wants to hold it all day. Thankfully, his chicken is growing and seems healthy still.
- Arwen drew a picture of her and Kate and said it was "Funny, silly, Kate."
- Susan has been telling her primary teacher that her name is Lila and her primary teacher has been very confused because there is not a Lila on the roll.
- Samuel got into a fire ants nest and has bites all over his feet and up and down his legs. The poor baby. He loves to be outside a lot, but is too young to understand what fire ants nests are.
Pictures
3 comments:
Lots of prayers for your family. I hope the game does well.
I know that at times it seems that when it rains it pours and that certainly happened with your car and the doctor visits. I will pray that your John can find a job. I hope the project he is working on goes well. You are a faithful amazing family and you will be blessed and your prayers will be answered.
I love how your children help one another that will serve them well later in life.
I think it is awesome that Kate can get her mission paid for.
I feel sad for sweet Rachael; earaches are so painful and then sweet Sam with his ant bites.
Sending prayers, loving thoughts, blessings and hugs for you all!
We never stopped, you're always in our prayers and we always want the best for you. Johnny is so good, and Rachel is right... Netflix is like dumpster diving.
Post a Comment