Sunday, May 6, 2018

This Week at Our House #18 More Company at Briarhovel


John's parent's did an Eastern state tour visiting their many children east of the Mississippi that coincided with John's sister being sealed to her husband. We got Grandma and Grandpa Robertson Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. They left right after Sacrament meeting this morning. We were happy to see them. It has been two and a half years.


  1. John continues to work and work and work. And still no job, but he is getting his business going and his first product-- a computer game-- is nearly finished. He got to test it on his dad and decided to make it easier. John's dad also brought him two old phones that are new enough to test his games on and that is very important as our old phones are too old.
  2. I really enjoyed visiting with my mother in law. She was very patient listening to all my little opinions and she took me shopping and bought us needful things and things for my garden and a gas powered lawn mower. Both Grandma and Grandpa helped me with my garden and taught me how to plant corn. 
  3. Ruth's investigator had a dream that she needed to be baptized. This was huge because one thing the missionaries have trouble with understanding that not all baptism into all Christian churches is the same. And in one week, I get to talk to her!!!!
  4. Kate thought about going home with her grandparents to get her mission stuff done in Utah, but John said no. He does not want her to leave early, so she has to wait until our ward stuff is straightened out.
  5. Johnny's game is coming along well. He now has levels and bosses. He has worked harder on this than anything I have ever seen him work on. I have been thinking that I need to look up contests for him to enter his game in.
  6. Adam enjoyed his Grandpa a lot. He followed him around and talked to him. I think Adam likes a lot of the same things as his grandpa.
  7. Rachel enjoyed her Grandma and the new chicks and still got in plenty of time for reading and lego play.
  8. We got some more chicks. I went to a garden nursery and they had 3 and 4 week old chicks. I was so excited. We had 3 of the 5 original day old chicks die. I had looked up how much it would cost to get 4 week old chicks online and it was $20 a chick. The ones at the nursery were only $3. Anya was excited because her chick was one that died and we got an older one that looked very similar. Anya then said a prayer of thanks that we were able to afford older chicks.
  9. We gave Joseph a 4 week old chick that already has most of its feathers. Joseph named it gold eagle because it's light brown and has big wings. Joseph also enjoyed his grandparents, especially playing games late at night and working in the garden.
  10. Joshua loves his chick too much. He wants to hold it constantly. I hope his little chick can survive him. We have talked to him a lot, but he doesn't listen very well.
  11. Arwen really enjoyed meeting her grandparent's again. She was young enough when we moved, that she did not remember them at all.
  12. Suzy enjoyed her grandma. One of things both grandma's noted about Susan is that she changes her clothes several times a day. I think 4 to 6 times is her average. I think she really likes clothes. Tonight we had some interesting, intense, and stormy clouds that scared Susan a lot. Adam and Joseph went closer to them, and Susan was running after them and crying and telling Adm to get in the house and stay in the house. 
  13. Sam had a fever most of the time his grandparents were here, so he was not his cute self, but I am glad that got to meet him.
Pictures

















2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I love that John's parents came for a visit and that you all got to be with them for a few days. 2 1/2 years is a long time since seeing them. I am sure they enjoyed their moments with you all. I loved how they each related to their grandparents in some way. I hope our posterity feels the same when we visit. I liked that they helped with some needed things.
I'm excited for Kate and her quest to go on a mission. I hope you get the ward stuff worked out soon.
Blessing and hugs for all!

rozanny said...

I'm so glad that it was a good visit! And Yay for Mother's Day and talking to missionaries! I think I remember Anya having a thing about clothes when she was little too right? Let us know if we can help with anything for Kate. And in that picture of Anya.... I think her body type is looking more and more like Kate as she's maturing. Miss you guys!