I have seen a lot of miracles this transfer. We are teaching a lot of solid people and a lot of people who actually take time to read the Book of Mormon. Harvey reads parts over and over again until he understands it. James read Alma 40-41 like we told him to and then read the whole introduction and up to chapter 4. Chris is in Helaman after reading it for a month.
To me it is wonderful to see so many people who read and love the Book of Mormon. This week James was just telling us what parts of the bible to Book of Mormon makes clear and really enjoys it. Harvey is reading it and intensely searching for answers. He really learns from everything we teach. It gives me a lot of hope, because he lets the spirit teach him. He was never christian but he is willing to act and learn more than any investigator I have taught on my mission. If he has a question he asks and he seeks for answers and understanding. Lately I have begun to lose hope in people. I felt like no one wants to know the truth. People feel good but they do not want to change. They are comfortable within their sins. Seeing Harvey, Denise, and James, has really changed that a bit for me. I know that if they are not baptized now, they will be at some point. They will all read the Book of Mormon and they will all receive that witness of its truth. President Keiron was baptized after 9 months. Sometimes conversions are not immediately seen, but we are seeing them change.
It is hard most days I feel like Moroni who says that he prayed for them but had no faith because of their wickedness. Harvey especially has helped me to realize that people will seek to change and seek truth. No one who met with the elders for a month would keep meeting eith the missionaries who they did not know, six months later if they did not feel that it was not in part true. If they did not feel that this is where God is. Not in some other church but here. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Denise has not responded to us this week, but she has exams and is moving, but I am still worried. However, I have faith that if she is not baptized now, she will be later.

2 comments:
I loved reading about the three investigators that are willing to read the Book of Mormon. We found that The Book of Mormon is the greatest tool on a mission. If you can get them to read and pray about it; you will probably get the baptism or reactivation.
Loved this one! Hugs for your missionary~
Beautiful.
Post a Comment