Thursday, September 21, 2017

Happy Birthday, Johnny!

I can't believe he is 16, but neither can he. Yesterday he was arguing that he was still 15. Technically, I suppose he was-- yesterday!! Johnny is just easy! He was an easy going, friendly baby, an easy going friendly toddler, an easy going friendly child, and an easy going friendly teen. He's brainy too. He has always been my walking-talking encyclopedia. He's a grammar dictionary, a good mathematician, an incredibly fast reader, and a computer guy. These days, Johnny is pretty funny with his dead pan humor and use of puns. His most recent joke came after I made him read Pride and Prejudice. He said that he was going to be the dream man at the next stake dance and act just like Mr. Darcy. Then he quoted Mr. Darcy, "I am in no mood to give consequence to women who are slighted by other men," and "she's tolerable, I suppose, but not handsome enough to tempt me."

1 comment:

rozanny said...

Love you Johnny! Excuse me.... Mr Darcy!