Monday, May 1, 2017

This Week at Our House # 17



  1. John just had a normal week of work. 
  2. I got back into the homeschool swing of things. We now only have 4 weeks until summer vacation!!But seminary will go on longer. 
  3. Somehow someone got Ruth's bank card information and was able to use it before the bank realized something was wrong and denied the expenditures. She lost a little over $130. But then she was offered a 4 to 5 day babysitting job at $70 a day.
  4. I began taking Kate to parking lots to drive. John took her to a nearby neighborhood. She is doing ok.
  5. Johnny has decided to learn Russian and is working on the Russian alphabet. He got his ACT scores. He scored 2 points higher than his dad did at the same age. He will take it one more time because he would like to bump it up another point or two. But his score is good. 
  6. Adam is starting to learn hymns on the piano through his own initiative.
  7. Rachel has been cruising through the Fablehaven series and enjoying it. And that makes me happy.
  8. Anya puts Arwen to bed every night and helps her to brush her teeth and say her prayers. It's such a nice helpful thing to do. 
  9. Joseph has joined Ruth and Adam as some of our stronger more athletic children. He can now do a front hand spring. 
  10. Joshua is recognizing words all over now! Arwen was saying something in the car and said "It is spelled s o." Josh said, "So? No it is not. S o is so!"
  11. Ruth has been teaching and reading to Arwen each school day for me. Arwen isn't very pleased with the teaching part, but she loves the reading time. 
  12. Suzy got pretty noisy in Church, so the two kids sitting in front of her turned and looked at her. That disconcerted her a little. Again she got pretty noisy, but when the boys turned to look again, she said something like, "You don't look at me! Turn around!"
  13. Sam is bum-scooting. I've never had a baby do that before. But, when we sit him on his bottom, he bounces up and down to propel himself forward. On his belly, he has only been able to move backwards. All of it is very cute.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Another fun update! I love to read about the progres of your chlldren. I am very impresed with Johnny's ATC score being a touch hgher than his Dads. That is so sad about Ruth's losing bank card info and losing the money. This happened to me once and the Credit Union covered it. Well, I guess summer is coming. I weather here is suppose to be at least more like spring this weekend.
Blessings for all!

rozanny said...

I just want to put heart emojis like on Facebook. It makes me happy to hear about you guys.