Monday, December 5, 2016
Goals Completed
I began 2016 with the goal to read the Old Testament. In late February, I was going slowly and knew that if I did not pick up the pace, I would never finish the Old Testament in one year. I also felt promptings to make sure I read the Book of Mormon in 2016 too, so I picked up the pace. I began using the early morning seminary time to read scriptures. (I had been reading Charles Dickons in that time.) I finished the Old Testament in June and began the Book of Mormon. I kept up the same pace that I had been keeping while reading the Old Testament. I realized that if I put my mind to it, I could read the entire standard works. I finished the Book of Mormon the first of September. Then I read the New Testament, the D&C and the Pearl of Great Price. I completed my goal last Monday. I learned so much from reading through all of the scriptures in a short period of time. The Old Testament came together in a way that it had never done before, and I found all of it very interesting. Parts that I used to think were boring, I learned things from. I was also able to read all of the General Conference talks given by Ezra Taft Benson and all of the General Conference talks given by Gordon B. Hinckly through the 1980's. I will continue with his talks and then read all of President Monson's before I go back in time and read all of David o. Mckay's. For now, I have decided to go back and read Isaiah through Malachi in the Old Testament while making notes about certain gospel principles.
A year ago, I would have decided that there was no way I had the time with this many children and homeschooling and everything else to read the standard works in just one year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Good job!!! I remember reading the Old Testament through from Genesis to Malachi for the first time too. I had similar feelings to yours. I love the OT!! The second time I read it through I listened to it on tape, which gave another dimension to it by hearing all the names pronounced. No doubt you will be blessed immensely for your efforts. Keep up the good work.
Congrats! That's awesome!
I did that in 2007 and I have not been able to get myself to do it again since. Maybe in 2017? You have got me feeling inspired.
Great job! That is pretty amazing.
Great job! That is pretty amazing.
It is nice that you have been able to fit this in the family schedule, I am so happy that you are doing so well with your studies. love you honey. MOM
Congratulations; that is a major accomplishments to do all that reading. I am amazed that you were able to do it with all that goes on in your family.
Blessings and hugs for that one!
Post a Comment