- I cannot believe how quickly this year is waning. It is getting dark earlier. The temperatures have dropped about 10 degrees, and you can just tell that fall is around the corner. I was glad to be home with John and the kids the week. The first project that John finished for his job is already incorporated as part of their sales package. That is all good.
- I got my laptop back on Thursday. That was a surprise because I had not heard if it had been shipped or not. School will be easier this week now that we have a computer again. I use Starfall for the little kids and Khan academy grammar for the middle kids and the older kids use it for writing and research. I use it for writing a research. So the whole family is glad to have it back. I had my first week in 18.5 years without Ruth. I kept thinking I would like to watch a movie or do something with Ruth and Kate and then realizing that there is only Kate left.
- Ruth had her first week at college. Her first few days were really stressful. Her schedule was not exactly what she needed, so she had to drop a couple of classes and wait list a few. While she was on the wait list, she lost half her funding because she didn't have enough credits. Eventually, through the help of Kate's old math teacher from Legacy Prep, and an academic counselor and a lot of work on her part, Ruth was able to get into all of the classes she needed. She got her funding back and spent most of the weekend on homework. She is loving all of her roommates. They are all good girls and they are all getting along well. She even went on a sort of a date. Ruth has dated so little that we are all pretty excited for her.
- Kate spent the week focused on school and texting Ruth. I am so glad that I still have Kate for one more year, but I think that Kate would have been happier to leave with Ruth rather than being left behind, especially since she is so alone here.
- Johnny will be turning 15 this coming week. I look at him astonished. I cannot believe that 15 years have passed by already. He is such a good, stalwart young man! On a side note, I am teaching him grammar, but he should be teaching me. He knows every little bit about it. He knows the names for every kind of phrase and how they should be strung together and all.
- Adam had a normal week. I was pretty strict about getting school in, and Adam did a good job. He is starting to learn the notes on the piano a little better and playing a little more. Johnny has been helping him. Adam let Suzy play with his glasses while I was gone and of course she broke them. I had already made him an eye doctor appointment. He needs to see a specialist for his eye problems, so it takes a while to get an appointment. He will go on the 26th and I think it will be a week past that before he gets his new glasses. In the meantime he is wearing broken glasses.
- Rachel was telling me how she gave genders to all of the numbers and all of the letters of the alphabet. I might have thought that was weird expect that Spanish and French have given genders to every thing, so in a way I guess it is natural. Apparently 7 is a boy.
- Anya was probably the best about getting her school work done all week long. She is still working on writing her story. Writing seems to be the one part of academics that Anya really loves. She also seems to quite like learning about grammar. Math will be her rough spot, though she preforms on level and even a little higher.
- Joseph as usual was jumping around everything and on everyone and I had to nag him to get his work done. But he is smart and can do things quickly and remembers them well. He is also a pretty fast reader and reading well ahead of grade level. He's a tough to keep busy enough.
- Joshua in some ways is just like Joseph and other ways the complete opposite. Josh like things in order. He is always sorting the legos in to types and colors and I never have to tell him to do his work. I just give it to him and he sits and does it without trouble. His difficulties come in leaving one activity for another. But he will jump around and wrestle just as much as Joseph.
- Arwen is doing well. She is learning her alphabet and starting to be able to do chores around the house. She can do things that most of my other kids her age could not like buckle her car seat and make sandwiches.
- I am so glad to be back around my little kids again. I really love Suzy's constant companionship and hugs and little I wuv yous.
TenderMercies
- Everything working out so well financially for Ruth. Apparently, she has also been awarded a scholarship, which is also a nice boost for her self esteem.
- John's job going so well.
- Josh and Arwen played around after being sent to bed, broke a snow globe and Josh got a huge gash on his finger. It is healing nicely and probably better than it should have.
- I had my second midwife appointment and all is well with the baby. The heart rate is perfect and I am measuring right on at 32 weeks and the baby is in pretty constant motion.The only down side is that my blood pressure is low which can make me faint and dizzy.
2 comments:
I did enjoy reading about your family this week. I am happy that all worked out for Ruth. I know she is going to love her experience at BYU Idaho.
I am glad you got your computer back; I can't imagine doing homeschooling without it. Your children seem to all be on track with their school endeavors and I enjoy reading about their different personalities.
I think it is awesome that John's job is going well and that everything is gong good with your pregnancy. I loved your tender mercies.
Blessings and hugs~
Yay for Ruth! And oh my gosh! I love Rachel assigning genders. That's so funny.
Post a Comment