Sunday, April 17, 2016

This Week at Our House # 15



  1.  John has been doing yard work and he really, really hates yard work.
  2. I can say that I survived this week and even got some needful things done. I always have so much to do. I need to get much more writing down this coming week. That will be my goal and focus.
  3.  Ruth is almost done school. She has about another month and a half before graduation. She is ready. But I need to convince her to spend time studying for the permit test so she can get her drivers license before she leaves for college in 5 more months.
  4.  Kate is my little Captain Moroni. She has a good understanding of the scriptures and truth and defends them boldly, even to adults.
  5. Johnny's playing the hymns and primary songs on the piano now. He's slow, but determined to learn the songs he likes no matter how hard. This, of course, makes me so happy. I have wanted a piano player, but most of the kids have shown little interest. 
  6.  We somehow need to get Adam to understand that he must be gentler and nicer to his younger siblings. He is especially rough with Joseph. This was not the case before home school, but now Joseph is constantly jumping on and wrestling Adam and Adam is always knocking too hard back.
  7. Rachel  has gotten a lot better at getting her school work done quickly with a lot less goofing off. Rachel is reading The Secret Garden to me. It is good for her to get all of that read out loud practice and I love that story so much. I think we are both really enjoying that time together each week.
  8.  Anya is my helpful little buddy. I can always rely on her to clean her room and play with Susan. 
  9. John saw Joseph and Joshua standing in front of the toilet together and asked what they were doing. Joseph said, "Well, we kind of made up this game called pee fight." I honestly thought my boys had more sense than that. Who was I kidding?
  10.  I think Joshua needs more parent one on one time. He has just been so grumpy that he is pretty much always in trouble. I think if I can get a little personal time in with him each day, the viscous cycle of always being grumpy and in trouble should end.
  11.  Arwen has changed her clothes 5 times already today. I don't even bother washing them all the time anymore. Often, I will just throw them back in with her clean clothes because with the rate she changes, I don not have enough for her to put on something fresh and clean each time she changes.
  12. Suzy gets what she wants. She wanted a bath and no one was available to giver her one, so she took off her clothes, and took off her diaper and laid down in the bathtub singing until John came by and thought it was too cute and gave her a bath.
This Week's Pictures



2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Adorable photos as always! I really like to read the update because it reminds me of things that my children used to do. The ages of children and what they do is pretty much on track with how it is.
I continue to think you are doing such an awesome job with parenting.
Blessings for you all~

rozanny said...

Yay Johnny!