- We've had the last week of February. We are not where I thought we would be. But we did finally get back to the Temple and that was wonderful. I sure missed it. Serving in the temple makes all the good parts of life even better and the bad parts of life less trying.
- This was just an ordinary week. I spent some time learning more about doterra essential oils. My next step will be to reserve a room at the library and put out flyers for a health and wellness class. This is definitely out of my comfort zone. But sometimes we just have to go there.
- Ruth got her track assignment for BYU-I. She will be going fall and winter terms. She's very excited about that. We started to look at and ask around about housing. It's nice to have friends who have been their with their kids and can make helpful recommendations.
- Kate is sad that she has no social life, but delighted that she can come home from seminary and sleep until 10. She has begun taking practice tests for the ACT. She is hoping to get a 30 or above.
- Johnny loves his board games and had some friends from the ward over tonight who apparently do too.
- Adam is a terrible babysitter. I need this to change. Adam is also very good at math and is doing well with a pre-algebra book right now. I think he will be ready for algebra in a years time. That is really nice for Adam because he often thinks he is just not smart because Kate and Johnny have always received so much praise for being smart.
- Rachel is just so tiny. She will be 10 in 5 more weeks. She recently grew into a girl's size 7 and is 45 pounds. Even Kate was not that tiny.
- Anya does not like math. I bought her an abacus to free up my fingers for her to do addition and subtraction on.
- Joseph is so full of energy-- happy energy, but tons of it.
- Joshua waited in the car with John while I shopped at Costco. At one point John heard Josh exclaim in a growly voice, "Hey Mo--om. Why are you buying every THING there? How can you buy every THING there?!!"
- Arwen is such a quiet little child, sometimes I feel like she gets lost in the shuffle, so I took just Arwen to run the errands with me this week. Arwen has said some funny things. To Johnny she said, "You are not my brother. Josh is my brother. You are mom's brother." She also adores Rachel and always wants to play with her.
- Miss Suzy-Q has been a complete stinker! She keeps getting into soap and putting it in her hair. She keeps getting into the toilets and sticking dishes, soap, and toilet paper in them. She dumps out the bathroom drawers and squeezes out the toothpaste. She pulls books off the shelves several times a day. She dumps crayons for the sake of dumping crayons. She colors in the kids school work books. She is just at THAT age.
This Week's Pictures
4 comments:
deedee I have been trying to get in touch with you...please contact me. we are coming over there on Saturday the 5th with Elizabeth. want to make sure you are going to be home. love you mom
Yeah, the getting into everything stage is no fun. Seth keeps getting out all the dishes and the cereal... so far no big disasters, but I remember Evelyn walking around the house with an open box of Cream of Wheat. Awesome sauce.
I love that you were able to attend the temple. That really is such a sacred area of peace.
Your photos of the children were lovely. It is amazing how your children are growing and learning. It will be an adjustment to send your oldest off to school.
Sending prayers that your load will be lighter and that you husband will soon get a good job.
Hugs!
Hi Diane,
We are a casting company in Los Angeles that specializes in high quality documentary series. Our programming looks to educate viewers on the unique life stories of interesting individuals.
We are currently looking to create a show around a large family such as yours, and have you share your story. I came across your beautiful family here, and would love to discuss this opportunity with you. If you have a moment, please send me an email or give me a call on the number listed below.
Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you!
--
Julia
(323) 391 4309 (Calls & Text Ok)
MAC Worldwide Inc
7551 Sunset Blvd, #205
Los Angeles, CA 90046
Post a Comment