Monday, February 15, 2016

This Week at Our House #6



  1. John ran/walked 3 miles 5 days this week. I am surprised at how serious he is about exercise.
  2. The big thing this last week was Anya's baptism. I have still been very busy getting things put away and organized. 
  3. Ruth had 2 job interviews for the Chipotle job and in the end did not end up getting hired. But there were 400 people being interviewed.
  4. Kate has been earning a little money babysitting. She is reading the Anne of Green Gables series. That is probably my all time favorite series. I am excited to have a child as into it as I am.
  5. Johnny has been reading the scriptures to Josh at night and then telling him scripture stories to help him to settle down and go to sleep. It makes me happy that they are sharing a room. 
  6. Adam has been getting out board games and teaching them to the younger kids. I love that too. I really thought that the spare time my kids would have from home schooling would be spent watching tv. I haven't actually bothered to prevent that from happening. But it hasn't been an issue either. They are watching less tv. Instead they are playing games, making up plays, reading more, and playing outside. I think they must have been pretty tired out from the school days. I have no other explanation for the change.
  7. Rachel practiced quite a bit and sang at Anya's baptism. She loves to sing.
  8. Anya got baptized and we are just so happy about that. We took her out to dinner that night as we have done with all of our kids. She was just so lovely and easy going about it. Then later than night she sat in our bed with us and watched AFV on youtube. We just had a very enjoyable time with her all day long.
  9. Joseph is reading the same books that Johnny read at the same age. None of our other kids have been able to do that. 
  10. Joshua is finally mostly good at Church. He has been my hardest kid at Church. Church is so much easier now that Josh will behave himself.
  11. Arwen dumped out and mixed up about everything in the house. She got in trouble and I think she will be a little better about that now. I will also keep a closer eye on her and know where she is at. 
  12. Suzy will not go to nursery. She went two weeks and was happy and perfect, and now she starts crying when she sees the nursery door. I went with her yesterday, but she was worried that I would leave. It took her about 30 minutes to get off my lap and go and play with the toys. John said that staying there with her only taught her that she can get mom to go to nursery with her.
This Week's Pictures
















2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Loved the update; it looks like everyone is settling in and feeling happy. I enjoyed all the photos this time soon; some cute Valentine one's too. I hope you daughter will get a job soon. All I can say about the nursery struggle is that if you will leave her she will adjust. It's hard but they do calm down and adjust to it all. I had one of my children that it took about 3 weeks and she finally settled in.
Have a blessed week!

rozanny said...

I love it when my kids just play happily and make things up!