Monday, February 8, 2016

This Week at Our House # 5



  1. It's February already. You can tell you are getting older when time starts to go quickly. On Monday we moved all of our stuff out of the storage unit. It went pretty fast since we had the majority of our heavy stuff already moved in. John has been running more. He went three miles twice this week. We had talked about losing weight and I decided to quit eating dessert until I lose 25 pounds and he decided to eat what he wants, but to start running. John is a funny combination of fat and very strong. He was kind of happy when Ruth said, "How can someone be so fat and so strong at the same time." But because he is so strong, he can go a lot of time without exercise and then pick it back up without much trouble.
  2. I worked really hard all day on Tuesday to get everything unpacked or stored as fast as possible. I finished all of the boxes and dump runs and thrift store drop offs by Wednesday night. I still need to hang up some pictures and racks for coats coats and jackets. I am surprised at how well we fit, though we did purge a lot more.
  3. Ruth just went to school all week. She seems to be making friends, and her grades are top notch. Ruth has a job interviewed scheduled on Wednesday for Chipotle. Hopefully she will be hired and get back to work.
  4. Kate helped a lot with the moving out, moving in and unpacking, and then back to school work on Wednesday. I think Kate is very,very happy with homeschool. Her favorite part is getting home from early morning seminary and going back to bed for an hour. I think she is really enjoying calculus 2, though, because she has decided to be a math major.
  5. Johnny worked very hard all week. He was the strong guy to move heavy boxes up into the attic. He also went to the dump and did a lot to set up the trampoline. 
  6. Adam worked pretty hard and helped a lot too. He will try and look busy, but he did a better job than usual.
  7. Rachel made herself Susan's official babysitter while we moved our stuff. That is a always a necessity that can be neglected. I'm glad she just stepped up and helped where needed.
  8. Anya had her baptismal interview today. Her baptism is officially scheduled for 3pm this Saturday. 
  9. Joseph actually helped a lot more than I would have expected. We don't expect a 6 year old to do much lifting, but he lifted a lot of the heavy boxes. 
  10. Joshua is getting better at Church. His primary teacher told me that he had trouble his first two weeks here, but now he is doing well. She said, he wouldn't sit in his chair, so she asked him if he needed to be taken out and he said, "No, I will just be good," and then he was. That is a huge improvement. 
  11. We got our dress up clothes out and Arwen has been in little princess heaven. Her favorite color is purple and so her favorite dress is a disney Rapunzel one.
  12. Susan climbed less and got hurt less this week (thankgoodness). I finally got her out of a porta crib and into a regular crib, which seems crazy to me because this is the age most of my kids moved to a regular bed.
This Week's Pictures













1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Loved your cute pictures today. It looks like you are getting settled and the children adjusting well. Continue to pray that all goes well for you; you have had a lot on your plate. You do have an awesome family. Blessings, prayers and hugs!