- We are in full swing homeschooling. John is doing math with Kate and Johnny. I am glad about that. They would have to take it online if he was not. But since he is, they are getting a much more difficult and in depth course. John has been exercising more. Not a ton. But he has been going out for a short run pretty much everyday.
- I am enjoying homeschool this time around. I changed things that I needed to make homeschool more suitable to me. I decided to buy all of the necessary workbooks and books, and that has saved me tons of time. In the past I did a lot printing, copying, and checking out books from the library. This is so much easier, better, and nicer for me. And then science, history, and art are all just group lessons. Since Kate and Johnny are in high school. I just bought there books, tell them to read, study, and do the problems, and then I give tests and writing assignments, but they are basically on their own and working very independently.
- Ruth had school all week. She still does not have a job. She has special class that her English teacher recommended her for and she is making some nice friends in that class.
- Kate and I read Agatha Christie books together. It's fun for her to pass them along to me and fun for me to pass them along to her.
- Johnny enjoyed some nicer weather this week. When he disappeared he was disappeared outside having nerf wars with Adam and Joseph.
- In the beginning of the school year there were several things John and I were concerned with about Adam. When I prayed about what to do I really felt like he just needed to be homeschooled. Well he is homeschooling and everything is fixing itself much faster than I thought was possible.
- Rachel works very slowly, and she apparently hates division. It took her two hours to do 30 simple division problems.
- Baptism here is very different from anywhere else we have lived. We have to do the whole thing. They said just pick a date, so we did, but then that turned out to be a bad date and no Bishopric member could attend, so hopefully Anya will be Baptized the second Saturday in February.
- Joseph is just looking so much taller and more grown up. He is still a stinker, though. Just a happy one. Joseph is just happy all the day, everyday, nothing seems to ever get him down.
- I bought Joshua an alphabet workbook and he completed it in two days.
- While I was cleaning a bathroom, Arwen came and asked me what I was doing. I said I am cleaning the bathroom and then I have to wash the floors. Arwen then very casually said, "I hate bathrooms and floors."
- Suzy has been falling and tripping and climbing and falling and running in front of the swings and the poor baby is all banged up. But she is still just the cutest thing ever. She is in nursery now and is just so cute there. Her nursery teacher actually came up to say hi to her before Sacrament Meeting started today.
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
This Week at Our House # 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I admire you for homeschooling. I don't think I could have done it myself. I do see the value of it in today's world. I do have one daughter that home schools the children and her love it. I do enjoy reading your updates on what you are all doing. You are an amazing family.
Sending hugs your way~
Sounds like things are going well. Glad to hear it. Take care!!
That museum sounds amazing! And can't wait to see pictures of Anya's baptism. I wish we could drive out and be there. I'm so glad it's working out for all the kids homeschooling. You guys are awesome! Love you.
Post a Comment