Monday, November 30, 2015

This Week at Our House # 47


  1. Well it was Thanksgiving week. John had a second interview on Tuesday and it may have gone well. They were thinking he was more suited to their math position instead of the computer position they were interviewing for. They said they would get back to him. So we're anxiously waiting, praying and hoping.
  2. Some days I feel so sad and anxious and other days I feel calmer and patient. I wish I could always be the latter. 
  3. I think Ruth was glad to have some time off from school for Thanksgiving. She was real helpful in cooking and especially cleaning up after Thanksgiving. Ruth is anxious to get into our own house to. I wish that we could just fast forward through the hard parts of our life. I always know we will be fine and that things will work out, but the living through the rough spots is so hard.
  4.  Kate has a really good friend here. Kate's friend's mother stopped me in church and said that they are praying for us to stay. They had been praying for their daughter to find a good friend and then, bam! Ruth and Kate came. I thought that was awfully sweet. 
  5. Johnny finds the High School here, way too easy. So John has bought a calculus book and is really challenging him.
  6. Adam loved having the 3 days off for Thanksgiving. He really isn't liking school here, and I really think Adam needs to be home schooled. I thought that before we moved, so when we get our home, Adam will be at home for a couple of years and maybe longer.
  7. Whenever Rachel talks to me, she talks about all of the things she misses about Utah. Ruth has always been like that about moving. I hope when they are adults, they can live in just one place. 
  8. Anya likes having school off, but she likes school here. She keeps having lots of field trips and loving that. I also think she has found it much easier to make friends here. 
  9. Joseph liked his time off, but he has adjusted well. He likes school and he doesn't even mind sleeping on the floor in a pile of kids.
  10. When the Christmas tree was put up, Josh said to me, "But it's not Christmas. There is no snow." I replied that there would not be snow here and that we would be having a green Christmas. He then asked, "does that mean there will be a green Santa Claus?"
  11. Arwen is doing ok, I think. 
  12. Suzy is still getting into everything and trying to be around my parents more than they would like. I think my parents are locking their doors more.
This Week's Pictures













4 comments:

rozanny said...

Oh my goodness! That face on Suzy. I'm glad you had a good holiday and I love hearing the updates on you guys.

Rachel Keppner said...

I love reading your updates! You and your family remain in my prayers. (I have sooo been there. You can make it, sweetie!)

Hugs,
Rachel

LeAnn said...

Loved all the pictures and you do have quite a group there. Your baby is adorable of course.
I so pray your husband get's the job. I truly can relate because we have had the loss of jobs more than once. We moved our family a lot and found that in many ways it was good because they learned a lot about being more outgoing and friendly. However, there are drawbacks too; but with it all I think we learned some great lessons.
Prayers and hugs!

hsmathteach said...

Hi. My name is Mary Robinson. I'm from Greenville , NC and friends with Marcie Holladay. I'm not sure what type of position your husband is looking for but I teach High school math and we have an immediate position open for a high school math teacher for the spring semester. If you were to move here it would be a 4-5 minute drive from Marcie's house and be the high school your children would attend. The teacher we had lined up to start in Jan backed and and decided to teach in her home town. Just wanted to let you know that option popped up since I hear you are considering coming here. My email address is finamks@aol.com if you have any questions. Greenville is a great university town. I know the folks in the math, math Ed, and even one in computer science depts at East Carolina University I could put him in contact with if he's interested in positions there as well. Praying for your family! Y'all seem wonderful. :)