Sunday, September 21, 2014

I Have 3 Teens


I am now the parent of three teens-- 1 boy and 2 girls!! Johnny turned 13 today! He is such a good, good boy. I know I do not deserve him. A little more than 13 years ago when I was pregnant with Johnny the Spirit whispered to me that I was going to be given a child that is valiant and righteous and better than me and better than my husband. I had Johnny and he has lived up to being a valiant child every day of his life.

Johnny just turned 13 and has almost finished the entire standard works. He has just a little bit of the Old Testament left, and I know that he has read the Book of Mormon through at least twice. But that is not all, he tries really hard to be good and to have self control. As a baby and a toddler, Johnny never had a screaming fit-- not one.

In school Johnny is nice and good. All of his teachers tell me that if there was such a thing as a perfect student, it would be Johnny. And that is with him being two grades ahead.

Johnny has always been very obedient to John and I. He does all of the work I tell him to do and he usually does it quickly and accurately. Johnny is nice and kind to his younger brothers and sisters. In fact, he is an incredible example and all of his brothers adore him and look up to him.

When kids at school or at church make fun of Johnny for being a nerd or a goody-goody, he just agrees with them and then happily tries to be a friend.

We are all very, very blessed to have this amazing Child of God as a part of our family.

Happy Birthday, Johnny! I look forward to seeing you grow and develop through your teen years.

3 comments:

Daughter of Eve said...

YES....Johnny is an amazing young man.....Happy Birthday to my first grandson and looking forward to sending him out on a mission to continue to usher in and prepare the Saints for the coming of the Lord. love you John Boy! Gramma xoxoxoxoxox

rozanny said...

Johnny is such a fun and happy guy! I love his enthusiasm in everything and could see him becoming very much like the man Jeremy is today. Happy birthday, and we have a present for you... Jer picked it out! He never does that, so he must have had something very particular that he wanted to give you.

LeAnn said...

Oh, give that boy a hug; I loved all that you wrote about him. What a blessings you have in this sweet boy. I actually had one just like him. I know he was sent here to us for a very important reason.
Blessings for this young man!