Sunday, January 6, 2013

Some Thoughts and Things

  1. In Heaven kids must get everything thing they want in the correct color all of the time. My kids sure expect everything to be their favorite color and they scream if it is not. I didn't teach them this. They were born this way.
  2. Rachel took a short walk to the neighbor's with John tonight. I guess the cold has made things a bit echoey outside and Rachel in her cute little kid way said, "When I say something loudly, it says it back to me."
  3. A few weeks ago and at exactly 23 months, I had Joshua tested for speech. He only had about 5 words and was not combining words together at all. If he needed speech therapy, I wanted to get it started. The day, he was tested, the teachers asked him words and he said them back to them. I hadn't been able to get him to do that before. Since that time, Josh has been repeating a lot of words and he has even begun speaking in short sentences. Tonight when Ruth would not let him grab the cat, Josh hit her several times saying, "Bad Ruth, bad girl." It is hard to punish that behavior when it is done so cutely.
  4. Over Christmas, we had 2 large bowls filled with candy that just sat on the counter practically untouched. I knew that my kids were feeling better the day the bowls went from overflowing to nearly empty.

No comments: