We had almost the entire Utah Robertson Clan over for dinner on Thursday. We had 2 lamb roasts, red potatoes, rolls, a big green salad, chocolate cake and some cookies. It actually was a lot of fun to have everyone here and on a school night too. We loved it. But, I am actually writing this post because after dinner when we were cleaning up John brought me the bowl of salad which was still nearly full. See, I like like fresh vegetables, in fact, I really and truly love and even sometimes crave a good green salad. I love the spring lettuce mixes you can get now days. I really like lettuce that has a good flavor. John hates fresh vegetables. He gets grumpy when we have a salad more than twice a week. So John was very pleased that his family supported him in his anti-green salad crusade by eating up most of the 2 lamb roasts, all of the potatoes and rolls, and most of the 7 pound chocolate but hardly any of the salad. But, I have not been dissuaded. I still love salad and I will still make salad. I have to say for the sake of John's sisters, though, that John's sisters are in really good shape and take really good care of their bodies. They are WAY better than I am at regular exercise.
Here are the leftovers
Salad Still Brimming over the top of the bowl.
What is left of 2 lamb roasts (It was really good too.)
What is left of the yummy Costco chocolate cake
5 comments:
Yep, sounds like a Robertson Family dinner. I actually didn't even see the salad! I am one to love salad, and typically eat a lot of it, but I totally forgot that you had made one...so sorry.
That is funny.
Salad is the 'candy' of life.
and if the Pardons' had been there the salad would be gone and there would have been enough to go around....give me the salad you eat the meat.....don't give up Deedee some day one of those kids will like salad...love ya mom
Yep... I agree. It's a Robertson thing. I like salad too... but Jer - no way.
Post a Comment