Sunday, June 8, 2008

Childhood Memory

At about the age of 9, I tried to play jokes and tricks on my dad. I tried things like jumping out from behind doors or putting something gross in his drink. I always failed. My dad would say, "You have to get up pretty early in the morning to fool me." For some time I managed to wake up before 6am, but my dad was already awake. One morning, I awoke at 4am. The house was dark and quiet. I crept to my parents room, hid behind the door and said, "Wooooo, woooo, woooo," like a ghost. Both of my parents jumped up and screamed. I popped out and started siniging, "I got you! I got you! I got you! I woke up early in the morning and I fooled you." My mother just rolled over, but my father in rather a grumpy voice said, "You did not. Go back to bed." I said, "Yes, I did. You thought I was I a ghost and I fooled you." My dad affirmed that I did not and that I had better get back to bed quickly. I went back to bed, but I gloated the whole of the next day. I quit playing tricks on my dad after that because I felt satisfied that I had finally tricked him. But my dad, to this very day, says I did not trick him. I think that I did scare him, even if he didn't ever think that there was a ghost in his bedroom.

3 comments:

Mary said...

John and James always managed to get up early enough in the morning to watch G-Force after it went from airing after school, to early Sat morning. I kept agonizing that I couldn't ever get up early enough. Once I woke up and the house was dark. I was scared out of my wits, but I didn't turn on any lights. John and James were still asleep. The TV was too fuzzy and loud and scary, so I just went back to bed. I don't think I every tried again. Now that I mention it, why couldn't those boys have ever woken me up? I think they did once, but I think I went back to sleep. Once a night owl, always a night-owl.

Amy Eds said...

That is really funny!

emma said...

My Mom never gets up at 4am. Thats usually when she goes to bed.