Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What My Kids Can't Do

Oh what, oh what will they do when Mom is no longer there?????

All of my kids seem to have some serious problems with some simple tasks.

They cannot seem to possibly be capable of reaching under the bathroom sink to get a new roll of toilet paper and put it on the rack.  What will they do when they move out and Mom is not there to replace the toilet paper? (To Ruth's credit, I think she has actually figured this one out.)

If the shampoo, soap, and conditioner run out in the shower they seem to find it impossible to go where my 30 spare bottles of shampoo are stored and put a new one in their shower. I really didn't want to raise bad smelling kids, but I won't always live with them to make sure their shower is stocked with soap and shampoo.

If the hand soap runs out, my children find it impossible to reach under the sink , grab the refill bottle and fill the soap dispenser back up, so they can wash their hands with soap and water.

Without nagging and assistance, even my oldest children can't possibly put their washed, and folded clothes into their drawers. And even though their clothes are washed and folded in the laundry room, it is absolutely Mom's fault that they "have no clean clothes!"

So what are my children going to do when they do not live here and the toilet paper doesn't magically appear on the roller, soap, shampoo, and conditioner do not magically stay filled in the showers, hand soap runs out at the sink, and clothes aren't magically folded and washed if not neatly put away? What sad little grown ups they will be. :)

4 comments:

rozanny said...

Isn't it funny? Ada can't possible open the door for me or carry something I ask her to... just cause I asked. If she's doing it on her own... then no problem.

Handsfullmom said...

Proving once again that Diane's kids are, well, kids. =) Thanks for the laugh. I'm sure they'll eventually get it.

LeAnn said...

I am smiling after read this post. You are so right; what will they do when you are not there to help them. Trust me they will learn but mainly you will find them calling you up a lot when they first leave home. I loved this one and I needed a smile for the day! Blessings to you! LeAnn

Julie said...

This makes me laugh! My friend's mom always put their stack of clean clothes on their chair for dinner and they couldn't sit down until it was put away. I thought this was a good idea in theory. I don't have old enough kids to try it out on yet and it could be a terrible disaster, but I think I will try it in a few years.