Friday, January 14, 2011

Some News

Today at the OBGYN I found out: I am dialated 4 cm, 100% effaced and the baby is very low. The doctor said, "You seem to be in labor."

Today at the OBGYN I decided with the encouragement of the doctor: to go to the hospital Monday at 9am to get my water broken if I do not get regular contractions over the weekend and have the baby first. (Given my history, I think I will make it until Monday morning.

Last Saturday I fell out of our van onto my bottom and have had a much harder time moving around since then. I also think this is when the baby dropped. At this point it seems certain I will not make it to February. Since having the baby is the only way to get all the way better from falling, and I really want to be able to sit and walk up and down stairs without pain, I am glad to be ending this sooner.

Monday is actually a pretty good day because the kids do not have school on Monday and Tuesday. I will have my babysitters (Ruth and Kate) and we will not have to worry about school drop offs and pick ups.

5 comments:

Handsfullmom said...

Wish I lived closer and could help out! Good luck!

Amy said...

I'm praying all goes well! So sorry about the fall - is there anything I can do? Call or e-mail me if I can help!

Priscilla said...

Wishing you the best of luck. Hope everything goes well, you have a quick recovery and a healthy new baby! What a blessing.

Bethany said...

I hope everything goes so well for you and you family! How exciting!!!

rozanny said...

It's going to be over! Yay! Sorry that you're not having the best couple of days though... I hope the actual delivery goes fast like yours usually do...