Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Nesting

I have never really thought of myself as one who nests (ie: cleans the house super extra before a baby comes), but I definitely have a to do list before the baby comes. And after thinking about it some, I realized that I probably do nest in a big family sort of way.

My list includes (and it may get bigger):
Cut hair for all of the boys and all of the girls who want a hair cut.
Buy an infant car seat and size 1 diapers.
Set up all of the baby furniture but not too soon so the little kids don't break it before the baby arrives.
Finish Kate and Ruth's science fair projects.
Find and return any missing and imminently due library books.
Buy a printer and plenty of ink so I do not have to go out and get all the upcoming school papers printed some where away from home.
Get January visiting teaching done early,
And the most normal one: clean the refrigerator.

I think we are basically onto the countdown now. I don't plan on going anywhere after this baby comes. I can't imagine how I am going to tote around a newborn, an 18 month old, a 3 year old, and an 4 3/4 year old. So, while I am very uncomfortable, it is still easier to get things outside the house done.

4 comments:

rozanny said...

I'm excited for you to be done though! I hope you can get everything you need to done!

Daughter of Eve said...

deedee...if you don't get it all done, you will sometime....imagine a newborn, 18 months, 3 yrs and almost 5yrs old....you'll be find you will figure that one out ... not so hard after the first couple of outings..when Monika was born I had..a newborn, 18 month old 2 year old 3 year old plus a 5 year old and a 7 year old...you'll do it...i think the worse was the extra diapers...that gave me 3 in daytime diapers and most likely 4 in nighttime diapers not including my bed wetter....love you sweetie...hang in there...you will look back when your in your 50's and wonder how you actually did it!

Amy said...

Sounds like nesting to me! :) If you need anything during the homebound time afterward, you know where I am.

Emily said...

Ok, two of these nesting items involve me. I will set up some visiting teaching appointments for the next week and I will bring that crib to your house tomorrow (which is Friday) in the morning.
Happy nesting!