- We had lots of awesome friends take John's resume and he had one phone interview on Friday. I am feeling more hopeful. John has been faithful, stalwart, and free of doubt this whole journey. I am the one who waffles between faith and fear. It is good to have such a rock solid spouse.
- I have been thinking and reflecting a lot about our time in Utah. John and I expect that we will have to move, and I have been questioning the inspiration we had to move here in the first place. But I have grown more in Utah then in any other place we have ever lived. In many ways I feel like I have found myself here. I will have to blog the details about this in it's own post. But it does give me peace that we were not deceived and we went where we knew we should go.
- Ruth is busy, busy, busy. I miss having her around more. She just has so much homework! She did go to a football game with friends. But she did not get asked to homecoming which I thought was sad. But she seemed fine. Maybe next year...
- Kate is busy, busy, busy too with lots of homework. Ruth and Kate are tired. High school is a lot of work and then they come home, have lots of homework and help around the house. Kate went to the football game and thought it was just boring. She said she will not go again.
- My dear Johnny turned 13 today!!! I now have 3 teens, and I won't have another one for 3 more years. Johnny had his usual week with school. He is doing well at keeping up on his school work, which is a nice change from last year.
- Adam had his final soccer game and his first week of musical practice. I think he is actually happy that soccer is over.
- Rachel came out of her room about a half hour after I put her to bed and said, "I tried and I cannot sleep." I told her to go back and try again. Rachel replied, "My dreams are too boring." Hmmm... nice try...I still sent her back to bed. She LOVED her first week of musical practice. I got to watch the last 5 minutes and Rachel seemed happier than I have ever seen her. She is in little Rachel heaven.
- Anya needs more sleep. She is just so weepy. I put her to bed and she just stays awake for a long time. I think she would be so much happier if she just got more rest.
- Joseph has been spending a lot of his free time writing his letters. I just think that is cute!
- I think Josh is finally starting to actually potty train. Instead of just wetting his pants he does a potty dance until I tell him to go to the bathroom and he has told me that he needs to go to the bathroom at least 3 times this past week. I'm just hoping, though. He has sure taught me not to expect a good week to mean he's got it.
- Yesterday John called Arwen over to him and she said, "Nope John," instead of "dad". Another time she said "Thank you, John." It's pretty funny to hear your 2 year old call her father by his first name.
- Susan is 3 months now!!! I left her on the couch Monday morning and she rolled right over. Since then she has rolled from her back to her stomach each time I laid her down. She is strong and she is growing.
This Week's Pictures
|Josh said he made a sandwich good. It is bread with chocolate chips and a ripped up tortilla in between.|