Monday, February 18, 2008
Great FHE Game
Well, we had a member of the sixth quorum of the Seventy come for our Stake Conference on Sunday. Indeed he was a great speaker that put the gospel very plainly. I believe that he even helped John and I a lot. But he also gave us a great idea for a Family Home Evening game that we tried out tonight. Apparently he had 6 boys and 2 girls. He told us to do family home evening regularly. He said he understands if we do not see the fruits of keeping this commandment now because he raised six boys. He mentioned that sometimes it was the family fight that started and ended with a prayer, and sometimes his kids listened while hanging upside down over the couches (we get that a lot). Then he said that sometimes they just played Samuel the Lamanite. We tried that tonight and absolutely loved the game. We turned our couch around. One person stood on the back of the couch telling everyone else to repent (that was Samuel the Lamanite). The rest of us stood on the floor and threw pillows at Samuel (we were the wicked Nephites and the pillows were our arrows). Everyone got knocked down as Samuel except John who caught the arrows, threw them back, and knocked over the wicked Nephites (that ended up being a fun pillow fight.). I think this is truly and inspired FHE game. We will try it again!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
thats awesome! i think james and i will play it. hahaha. but really thats is a good way to teach the story and have the kids enjoy it too. you guys are such a cute family.
Oh my heck I love it! I know what we are doing for FHE next week, that is for sure. I love your blogs diane, becuase then I realize that my kids are just like all other kids.
We played that recently, but we threw large marshmallows instead. Then Samuel would eat the marshmallows that were on the couch afterwards. Everyone (except Jeff and I) took turns being Samuel. It was a shame to waste the ones that fell on the floor though, and pillows solve that problem!
Post a Comment