Saturday, March 21, 2009

Rachel Says a Prayer Without Any Help

When I laid Rachel down into her bed tonight she said, "I need my Heavenly Father."
I said, "Okay, say your prayers."
Rachel prayed, "Father, Snow White, Princesses, Ballerinas, Amen and Jesus Christ."
I thought she did a very sweet job all by herself. That is just one of those precious moments that makes all those diaper changes and time outs worth while.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

How sweet. I just love the sincerity little ones.

rozanny said...

I love when they add in all of the things that are so important to them!

Ada just started praying and repeating some of the words that we say... it's fun to be able to say that we're going to pray and watch her fold her arms so seriously and say, "Amen!"... even if she still doesn't get that you hold still for the whole prayer!

Becca said...

that is so tender. I love it. I can't wait for those days. Grace doesn't pray yet, but she'll fold her arms, and the times that make me all soft-hearted is when she randmly gives me a kiss on the cheek or blows a kiss to me. It doesn't happen often but i love it when it does.