Yesterday, John and I painted the kitchen a brownish white to get the house ready to be sold. We have been doing a lot to get the house ready to be sold, and as a result I have spent very little time with my children. Yesterday, I asked Ruth and Kate to be on hand to take care of the little kids for me while I painted. At one point Ruth and Kate decided to put a movie on for everyone. Kate took Anya downstairs to hold while she watched the movie. About an hour later, Kate came up with Anya saying that she was not acting like herself and that Kate thought she was sick. I took Anya, and she definitely felt very warm. I sat and held Anya, took her temperature (about 103) and got her medicine. But I knew that I needed to get back and paint. When the movie ended, Ruth and Kate went into their room to play American girl dolls with Rachel. I asked if Anya could sit in their with them. They agreed. Anya did not want to sit, she just wanted to be held. So Ruth picked up Anya and walked around holding her for about an hour. Ruth and Kate also helped clean the house several times during the day. They helped feed Anya, Rachel, and Adam, did dishes, washed bathroom sinks and toilets, picked up sticks from the very cold back yard, folded laundry and did not complain once. When I explained that we would probably have more days like this until the move is complete, they still did not complain. By the end of the day, I felt amazed and very blessed to have such wonderful daughters. I could not believe that my 9 year old could tend a baby and know that she was sick. I think it takes me longer to pick up on that sometimes. Ruth and Kate are certainly real angels sent to bless my life.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
My 2 Angels
Yesterday, John and I painted the kitchen a brownish white to get the house ready to be sold. We have been doing a lot to get the house ready to be sold, and as a result I have spent very little time with my children. Yesterday, I asked Ruth and Kate to be on hand to take care of the little kids for me while I painted. At one point Ruth and Kate decided to put a movie on for everyone. Kate took Anya downstairs to hold while she watched the movie. About an hour later, Kate came up with Anya saying that she was not acting like herself and that Kate thought she was sick. I took Anya, and she definitely felt very warm. I sat and held Anya, took her temperature (about 103) and got her medicine. But I knew that I needed to get back and paint. When the movie ended, Ruth and Kate went into their room to play American girl dolls with Rachel. I asked if Anya could sit in their with them. They agreed. Anya did not want to sit, she just wanted to be held. So Ruth picked up Anya and walked around holding her for about an hour. Ruth and Kate also helped clean the house several times during the day. They helped feed Anya, Rachel, and Adam, did dishes, washed bathroom sinks and toilets, picked up sticks from the very cold back yard, folded laundry and did not complain once. When I explained that we would probably have more days like this until the move is complete, they still did not complain. By the end of the day, I felt amazed and very blessed to have such wonderful daughters. I could not believe that my 9 year old could tend a baby and know that she was sick. I think it takes me longer to pick up on that sometimes. Ruth and Kate are certainly real angels sent to bless my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Holy Cow! what amazing little girls!!! We are selling our house as well, and I WISH I could say that James has been good about keeping an eye on Harrison while we have patched up paint here and there and get things ready but no. He encourages harrison to be even more naughty, like filling the toilet full of toilet paper and then repeatedly flushing it until the bathroom and hallway were flooded. nice boys huh? I think I need you to send me your girls for a few weeks when this baby comes. :) you really do have such good kids, probably because you are such a dang good mom.
Post a Comment