Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Do I Not Understand Anymore?

Tonight during a big crying fit because I threw the box cover to her American Girl doll box, a necklace, and an old make-up toy cell phone thing away, Ruth said, "You just don't understand me." I was taken back a bit at first, but just agreed that that was probably true and would become more true as she gets a little older. But does this mean that "I hate my parents-- they just don't understand" thing starts, or is it just a preview and I have two more years of a nice little girl like I thought? In the past I would have just said, "Oh, she is tired. Put her to bed." But I'm not sure being tired is the real answer to every emotional outburst of an older child or teenager. I did just put Ruth to bed tonight, though, and after she had been in bed about 10 minutes, she got up and apologized. She really is a very good girl.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Wow. What I have to look forward to with Grace. haha. Grace will be dramatic, I am sure. Ruth is a really good and cute girl. And as far as teens go, I think that they don't even understand themselves because they are just trying to figure out who they are and what is actually important, so they change their minds a lot. Not that I'm an expert, but it wasn't that long ago that I was a teen, so what can I say?