- John is a romantic at heart. He loves Valentine's Day now as much as he hated it when he was single. We celebrate Valentine's Day every year. This year we went on a nice date. We enjoyed the quiet time to talk that we rarely have theses days.
- I had a very busy week. I am trying real hard to keep my heart rate up while I exercise. Instead of feeling great and having endorphins, I just feel pregnant afterwards-- tired and kind of dizzy. I am still not loosing any weight. Hmmm...maybe once I'm finished nursing the baby. I am hoping to run outdoors this week. It is warmer and the snow has melted a lot. That scares me to think that the neighbors will be watching me. But, I guess a whole lot of people will be watching me when I run the race in June.
- Monday morning, Ruth testified in front of a senate committee meeting in favor of a bill that would put the sex education program online and to give parents an option to teach sex-ed at home. Ruth was embarrassed to find that she was quoted in the papers here and here. John and I were very proud of her given that she did a good enough job to be quoted in the news. On Valentine's Day, Ruth got a mystery flower from someone at school. She also had to give a presentation with the infamous Rob, who has become a regular household name for us. While giving the presentation a lot of boys teased Ruth that she liked Rob. Poor Ruth. I sure hope she really is being nice to him. He lives in our stake boundaries. Last Sunday Ruth found out that she will be going to a Trek Youth Conference with Rob.
- Kate testified at the senate committee meeting on Monday too. Brave Kate, agreed to be interviewed by a few news stations after the meeting. She was on the afternoon and evening news, Monday. You can watch her here and here. Kate enjoyed a lot of musical practice the rest of the week. She had a lot of fun with friends at the Jr. High all week. Kate has made friends and feels slightly more ready to re-enter public school in August.
- Johnny helped and served all week. Johnny babysat while I took the girls to the capitol. Friday, Adam was sick and Johnny spent all of his free time reading, playing with, or helping Adam.
- Pretty much every day that Adam walks home from school he brings home a large icicle. When Adam came home on Valentine's Day with a bag full of candy, he divided all of his candy up equally and shared with everyone. He even got Rachel to do the same.
- Rachel is as equally a romantic as her father. She spent all week making Valentines and talking about love. She excitedly picked out her Valentine's cards for school and filled them out without any help. On Valentine's Day, Rachel dressed in all pink. In the beginning of the school year, Rachel said she had a crush on this boy named Riley. The crush wore off and I asked her why. She said it was because she could not spend everyday with him.
- On Wednesday, Anya snuck out in the morning, went to neighbor's house and asked if her friend could play. I didn't even know she was gone until she came home with her friend. That was quite frightening. Fortunately, the neighbor she went to is the one I trust the most.
- Joseph quit peeing in the toilet in the day and he started wetting the bed at night. Ughh!!! I hate it when I have to re-potty train. But, obviously, I did. I simply grounded him from pants until he quits wetting them. He hasn't had an accident and only wet the bed once, except the one day I let him wear pants. I wonder if he doesn't go in time to get his pants down. Because he is perfect when he just wears underwear.
- Josh is the most adored little two year old. Everyone loves him and thinks he is cute. When we want Josh to come, we just start saying, "cars, cars, cars". Sure enough Josh will come. If we call Josh's name, he just runs the other way.
- Arwen popped a top tooth, and started scooting around on her belly. She is growing so fast.I'll miss her baby stage when it is over.
Sunday, February 17, 2013
This Week at Our House #6
Posted by Diane